“Waiter acts like you're a pain” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Raleigh
“Waiter acts like you're a pain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love Beaufort! Today, we stopped here at The Boardwalk Cafe. It was sunny out, so we sat outside at their outdoor seating. Nice breeze. A waiter (looked like a college boy) told us we couldn't sit outside, and he didn't know why. That's what his owner told him. It had rained early morning, but now, around 1:00, it was nice out. We asked if we could buy food and bring it outside. Nope. Okay. So we went inside. I got the chicken salad sandwich. Half of it was great. The other half had LITERALLY a half a teaspoon of chicken salad on it... the rest was bread. On a good note, the college boy brought a little dish of chicken salad.

The soup of the day was $2.95/cup. When ordering our food, I had asked: "What's the soup of the day?" Waiter said, and I quote: "Tomato bisque, and we have clam chowder." I told him I'd have a cup of the clam chowder, and asked if I'd be charged extra, b/c the menu listed their Boardwalk Clam Chowder soup as being $4.00. He said no. So I was surprised when the bill came, and we were charged $4.00. When I spoke up, he acted like I was being a pain. I HATE when restaurants do that, when they act as if you're a pain when you explain you weren't treated fairly.

We ended up paying the $4.00, unfairly, and won't return ever again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best place in Beaufort for breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Breakfast buffet here is about what you would expect, but being able to eat on the water front certainly is. Lots of locals eat here as well as boaters who are in town. Tons of history on the walls. Great service.

Visited May 2013
Jackson, Ohio
“Very pleased...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were very pleased with this restaurant. Priced right with great food. We browsed other menus at other establishments in Beaufort and found that this was the best bang for your buck. We always had friendly servers and there was always a place available outside next to the boardwalk. We loved it and had no problems here. We thought the food was great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mebane NC
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went there just for coffee and conversation. Had a Sunday buffett, looked pretty good. Great waterfront view.

Visited April 2013
Fayetteville
“good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

had the spinich omelet it was good, other things I saw around me looked a better I would try something else next time

Visited September 2012