“Perfect Option in Beaufort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inlet Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Inlet Inn
You added Inlet Inn to your Saves list
601 Front St, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Charlotte, NC, USA
“Perfect Option in Beaufort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

The Inlet Inn was the perfect option for our night in Beaufort. The location is in the center of the town and an easy walk to all of the Beaufort shops, restaurants and historic sites. Our room, on the third floor, was very large with tall, vaulted ceilings. The window seat offered amazing views of the water and across to the wild horses grazing on Carrot Island. The continental breakfast served to the room was basic muffins and bagels, but more than enough. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This inn could not be better located to visit the charming town of Beaufort, NC.
The rooms was spacious and clean, the breakfast served in our room was ample to see us through the morning and the staff were courteous and friendly.
Granted the inn is not brand new, but that added to its charm.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Coastal NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Inlet Inn for three days and had a wonferful time. The Inn is located right in the heart of Beaufort in walking distance to everything. We trailered a boat up and rented a slip at the public docks which are right across the street from the Inn. We had a second level, corner room which was very spacious with a large balcony. The continental breakfast was great and there is a breakfast restaurant right across the streeet. If you don't have a boat you can get a ferry to take you to the beach right across the street from the Inn. The Inn did not have high speed internet but I was able to pick it up from the docks when out on the balcony.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

My wife and I thought the Inlet Inn was a great location for getting into Beaufort activities. We kayaked on the waterfront... the rental place was right outside our balcony. The folks running the Inn did a great job making the place seem more than just an average hotel. No, it's not a B&B and we didn't expect that. I ordered breakfast and it was there in 3 minutes...juice, warm muffins, warm bagels--perfect. The rooms could use a little updating. One thing we didn't like was the dehumidifier noise--hint: switch it off overnight. We did get a room on the 1st floor which allowed a great view of the waterfront. We will go back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Could use an update
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

Upon arriving in Beaufort, my husband and I drove along the harbor searching for a place to stay. We both fell in love with the location of the Inlet Inn and decided to stop and check it out. I spoke with Shelly at the front desk who was very helpful in assisting us with a room. The only rooms available were a 3rd floor room and a 1st floor room. The 3rd floor room did not have a balcony, so we decided to check out the view from the balcony in the 1st floor room. Shelly was very accommodating in showing my husband and I the 1st floor room, and we were immediately impressed with the large window and door offering an excellent view of the harbor. Even though it was on the 1st floor, there was still plenty of privacy in the sitting area. The room was very large and included a sitting area with a fireplace. I would love to go back in the fall and enjoy sitting in front of a fire and looking out the window to the harbor. I found the breakfast to be very adequate and enjoyed having the breakfast (warm muffins, bagels and juice) delivered to our door, and it arrived very quickly, I might add. If you are a coffee drinker, you do have to make your own coffee in the room. If you prefer to eat your breakfast in the dining area, the Widows Peak room was available on the 3rd floor with plenty of seating and a television available. This room also had a stairway which lead to a balcony with incredible views of the harbor. We wanted to stay on the harbor and enjoy the views, and this inn offered just what we were looking for. I could find absolutely nothing wrong with the inn.

• Liked — Cleanliness of room and great views
  • Disliked — Could not find anything wrong with this inn
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

We live in NC, usually spend our vacations in hotels/condos at Atlantic Beach and take day trips to Beaufort. This year we had Family visiting from out of State and decided to try the Inlet Inn. The Town is filled with cute shops, restaurants, historical sites, great Maritime Museum, etc. - all within walking distance of the Inn.

My family was looking forward to some beach time. I was worried not being directly on the Beach would be a problem for them. The Inn is directly across the St. from the Harbor - where there are several companies that ferry you to a variety of small Islands for swimming, shelling, viewing the wild horses, etc. Instead of packing up the car, driving to the beach, then getting the car all sandy on the return trip - we took the Island Adventure boat over to Shackelford Island.

It was Wonderful, we grabbed our towels and cooler filled with a picnic lunch, walked across the street, got on the boat and were on a basically deserted island in less than 20 minutes. It was Beautiful, swimming was great, we saw several wild horses, found some great shells, very private beach. We were picked up a few hours later - no car involved, just walked back across the street to our room.

Last night we took a Sunset Dinner Cruise on (I think it was called - Diamond Island Cruises) - it's also directly across the street from the Inn. Classic NC Barbecue Dinner with all the fixings, plus a 2 hour tour up and down the IC, the views were amazing. Again, get off the boat, walk back to your room at the Inn. Today, some of the family went parasailing before we left - also across the St. from the Inn.

My DH hates spending a lot of money on a hotel, then spending the whole vacation driving all over the place to go do things. First trip we ever took where we could walk to everything.

We were extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the Inn. We've stayed in lots of places on the Coast and this was Honestly the cleanest room we've ever been in. Most have sand on everything, usually smell like mildew or smoke, this was clean, clean, clean - smelled great. King bed for me and DH, queen pull out couch for our 2 kids. Cable TV, iron, ironing board, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, table, chairs, breakfast delivered to your door in the am.

My Favorite part was the big private balcony - we sat out there for hours watching the horses on Carrot Island and the boats traveling by. We liked it so much, we're going back for the Seafood Festival in October.

• Liked — Walking distance to everything in Beaufort
  • Disliked — Sorry I don't live there
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

Having arrived in Beaufort with nowhere to stay we found the Inlet Inn as it is on the waterfront and in the centre of the town/village. The room was large and overall clean. However, the bathroom was a little shabby and the room did smell a little musty. I understand that Beaufort is a very humid area. so this was probably the cause. The de-humidifier and air con were off when we arrived. so the room was warm and muggy. We switched it on and went out for dinner. When we returned it was cool and a lot more comfortable.

Breakfast was brought to the room which consisted of coffee, bagels and muffins. We ate them on the balcony attached to our room and watched the ferries load up their passengers.

I would stay there again. It is a nice hotel in a beautiful location. In my oppinion it is not as some have said, like a chain hotel. I was satisfied with the room and the service.

• Liked — Its location and the view
  • Disliked — Creepy crawlies in the area
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Inlet Inn? Share your experiences!