“Where my Wife and I had our first Date! Great food, Service and Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clawson's 1905 Restaurant

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Description: Have a question? Find our email address under restaurant info and we'll get back to you ASAP. Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub is housed in 108-year-old brick building at the center of lively and beautiful downtown Beaufort, North Carolina.From Clawson's famous Seafood Bisque to crab cakes to rotating local seafood features, Clawson's food is always homemade. Deli meats are fresh sliced daily, and our 1/2 pound Angus Burgers are hand pattied every morning. Even our burger buns are baked fresh in house! Don't leave town without a quart of one of our homemade dressings or side items.Clawson's Pub, an extension of the restaurant, serves the same full menu and offers eight rotating beer taps and dozens of bottled options. Clawson's loves craft beer and features a North Carolina brewery each month year round. Join us for free beer tastings on the first Friday of every month. Clawson's strives to provide a fun, casual dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. Call us today for reservations, or see our website for our daily features and draft beers.
Iraq
“Where my Wife and I had our first Date! Great food, Service and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I have eaten at Clawson's many times, but most memorable was, it was the place I took my wife for our first date. The food was great, the waitress was extra friendly, and checked on us just enough to serve us well, but not so much that she interrupted us constantly during our meal and conversation. I have had many dates with my wife there since then, and it is at the very top of my list of places to eat in Carteret County NC. Great food! Great Service! Wonderful Atmosphere!

sobx
“Great food - historic location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

This historic location is worth the visit! The food is very good, the service is family friendly and it is located in the middle of the downtown Beaufort waterfront district. Go there for lunch of dinner - you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
TripDocs
“Go to Clawson's - You'll be glad you did !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband first took me to Clawson's in 1979. We were dating and that was my first trip to Beaufort. Clawson's was my favorite restaurant then. Thirty one years later, we still love to go there. Their Shrimp and Grits are the best in North Carolina.

Morehead City
“Old Feel.....New Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Clawson's is a great place to enjoy historic Beafort with a fine mix of entrees available. Family friendly, but with an upscale atmosphere. I feel comfortable going in my t-shirt to catch a great burger....or maybe throwing on something a bit nicer to enjoy a great atmoshpere and fine seafood with my wife.

If you haven't tried them.....you're missing out!

Knightdale, NC
“Best Restaurant in Beaufort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

We simply loved Clawson's! The food, atmosphere, decor, selection and our waitress were all outstanding and were exactly what we were looking for. We found good food at other restaurants in Beaufort, but none came close to matching the atmosphere, decor and selection of food at Clawson's. It also had a great variety of seafood, which we did not find at other restaurants in Beaufort, which we thought was odd for a sea-side town.