“We were in transition while moving.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Core Creek Lodge

You added Core Creek Lodge to your Saves list
Core Creek Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   307 Core Creek Road, on the Intracoastal Waterway, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
“We were in transition while moving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband, dog and I stayed here in early November while waiting for our new home to be ready. Not only are they dog friendly (very rare to find), they were very friendly and the service was excellent. It is so quiet and peaceful here, and watching the boats go through the ICW was breathtaking. I'd gladly choose it for a vacation spot! Sandy Odom

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I were attending a wedding and I was looking for a hotel that was close to the church. We normally stay in Salterpath with family when we are down this way. But due to the time constraint, we decided to be as close to the event as possible so as to not waist any time. I had very little expectations for a hotel out in the middle of the woods, so when we arrived to find a clean comfortable room that was fairly new as far as condition we were very pleased. The one thing I would add to this hotel is a continental breakfest, since there really is no close place to eat.
John A

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Floyd, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

It's alright as far as it goes. Better than an Econolodge but way below anything you might find in and around Beaufort. They charged me for Expedia's service charge which I disputed at the point of sale for a few reasons. One I wanted to pay cash and they had already processed the credit card and second and more importantly, I have never heard of this before. A call to Expedia confirmed they are not allowed to do this and they are dealing with it. Be better off to stay in Morehead City for cheaper stays but don't drink and drive if you do this as I had been advised by several locals.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
richard12345-1, Front Office Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
I am sorry that you feel that we charged you fees that you were not supposed to be charged. I did attempt to explain the charge to you when you were here. I would be happy to speak with you and explain the process to you. I would gladly explain to any customer the process because I want our customers to be satisfied customers.
Lincolnton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I came to Beaufort to go scuba diving and had Core Creek recommended to us by friends. Although not a fancy motel, it is very clean, very comfortable, and quiet. The room was quite spacious. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
We were very happy to have you stay with us. We look forward to when you return for your next dive. Keep us in mind for fishing trips and other visits. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve on your stay.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

great rooms,great beds, great location for a fisherman or women. who love to fish. this is the perfect place. they have enough ice to keep your catch cold. the bathrooms are also great. nice big showers. this was our second time staying here. Our first stay, we stayed in room #3, and we slept in separate twin beds which we laugh about because it was the first time since we been marry that we slept apart but those beds, I could take them home with us. they were excellent. this time room #1, we had a full size bed,and you guess it, after a long day of fishing. we slept like babies. Oh! did I also mention that you don't have to worry about your boat because its parked in a secure locations right there where you could use their fishing pier or put the boat in the water wave. what else can a Fisherman want. and the most important part it doesn't cost that much. depend on
want you want. with that the owner and the staff are great. and they work with you . I can't wait to return. keep up the great job and we will be coming soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. so you don't have to worry.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for that great review. We really enjoy your visits and look forward to when you visit again. Keep in touch and let us know if there is anything we can do to improve on your visits.

Been to Core Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!