“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I thought I reveiwed this recently but I don't see so here goes. My husband, BIL and cousin went here for lunch a few weeks ago and brought some food back for me. The service was super slow. My husband really liked the flounder he ordered and I really liked my buffalo shrimp wrap. I chose this from the on line menu but it's the old menu apparently but they made it for me any way and it was good. Since the service was so slow and they hardly had any customers we're thinking they won't be in business for long. We have two CCHO gift cards so we figure we should go and use them sooner rather than later so we don't just throw that money away. Mike and I went for dinner last night and it was pretty good. We share the calamari app and it was average. My cosmo was good. We each ordered the crab cakes with grilled asparagus and we both enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was very good. Super busy with lots of tables (we were happy to see how busy they were compared to the last visit at lunch time) and very pleasant and checked on us just the right amount of times - not too much and she never forgot about us. She was really good. Emily was her name, I think. Young, cute gal with a heart tatoo behind her right ear.
We'll go back to spend our last CCHO gift card and we look forward to it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hubert, North Carolina
“Its ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Food is average, service is average, same with the atmosphere. You can find a lot better in the area.

Visited February 2012
north carolina
“Good, and really good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Not fantastic, but for a tourist town, it's a very relaxed setting with decent food. I'm really torn between "good" and "very good" ... We really enjoyed that our dogs were welcome and the fries were really great too . . . We will definitely be back

Visited September 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
“So good, we went two nights in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We had been to this restaurant when it was owned and operated by a previous owner (we knew it as the Sandbar). It has always had a great view at sunset and so sitting out on the porch was always a good option if it wasn't too windy and cool.

The new owners/ chef have done an excellent job here. The crabcakes were outstanding...some of the best we've ever had. There are few restaurants that have combined good food, drink, and service that would bring us back two nights in a row. But this one did. It's a little off of the beaten path, but the combination is worth it.

Check out the daily fresh catch specials. We had that as well but they aren't on the menu and depnds upon what is fresh and available.

Oh, and have the strawberry salad. The carmelized almonds are a real treat in this salad combination.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia
“GREAT FOOD AND WONDERFUL TIME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have been going to FishTales for some time now. The Tiki Bar is the best place in Beaufort to hang out have drinks, food , and just talk and meet new friends. This food is great, Best crab cakes around, You won't leave hunger like many places in Beaufort.
The burgers are the BEST!!!. They also offer a full menu if you wish, either upstairs in the restaurant or at the tiki bar. Staff is very helpful and freindly, owner is very nice , comes around and makes sure everything is ok.Prices average for area.
All I can say is DON'T MISS THIS PLACE when looking for a really good place to eat and enjoy youself.!!!!

• Visited August 2011