“What a fantastic, memorable stay we had!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langdon House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
You added Langdon House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
135 Craven St, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Affiliate website
Special Offer
Fall Special
Ranked #2 of 11 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“What a fantastic, memorable stay we had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had the most delightful experience at the Langdon House B&B. I knew Beaufort was a sweet, historic NC coastal town - but my friends and I had no idea how wisely we had selected our place to stay. The B&B is old and gorgeous - perfectly located to everything. Lizette is the owner of the B&B, widowed when her business partner and life partner passed away a few years ago.
The entire town knows them both - and that alone made the stay extra fun, and personal.
The bed was the most delicious thing I had ever experienced - until we had our amazing breakfast. We chose the Mexican special breakfast - and we were Delighted! Lizzie is from Mexico, so it could not have been more authentic.
We were greeted so sweetly, immediately we knew this was more than just a business for Lizzie, we could feel her love for the house and for us visiting it from the moment we stepped in the door.
When we wanted to go to see the fabulous ponies, Lizzie was full of ideas, packed us a cool basket lunch - and even told us the particular spots we needed to sit quietly in for the best view. There is nothing like a friendly, knowledgeable local who can make your trip extra wonderful - and that is why we wanted a B&B get away.
We were comfortable, slept deeply, ate greatly - and laughed a lot. It was a perfect, perfect get away for a long weekend. I give it, I give Lizzie, I give the food the beds the cleanliness, the thoughtfulness... ALL FIVE STARS!!
I honestly did not know I would enjoy such an historical home so much. Don't miss this gem with your girlfriends - or lover. I know there were newly weds in the HUGE master suite upstairs - and they seemed delighted too. Here are some pictures.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

So disappointing! We read the reviews and we cannot understand how this place is rated the third best place to stay in Beaufort.  Unless others felt as we did....we reserved for three nights and would have checked out after the first night but felt bad for the Widowed owner who is a very nice lady so we stuck it out for the full reservation. But i want to be honest about our stay so others don't  wind up in the same situation.
We stayed in the front room downstairs.  First night I had to clean the faucet and knobs of soap or toothpaste splatter.  First morning the too small shower stall had a heavily mildewed shower curtain, no shampoo and the same watered down liquid soap as was on the sink.  It was so watered down that you couldn't even get a lather on the washcloth. There was no shampoo to be seen nor lotion.  The drinks we put in the fridge the night before were not even cold.  That's when we checked further and found the fridge had been turned off.  It would have been nice to know that when the fridge was pointed out to us for our arrival. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and sat at an angle in the corner with no headboard so there is nothing to lean against if you are reading and the pillows kept falling off during the night.  While the Innkeeper, Lizette is very friendly and the breakfasts were filling, (though I believe that the orange juice is the same stuff the astronauts took to the moon....Tang! Who serves that???) we paid the extra $48 a day for the hallmark breakfast. While they were good and probably the best part of our stay they weren't worth the extra charge. Lizett was not surprised about the mildewed shower curtain's condition and said it was supposed to have been changed out, which it was that day but I felt she should have been more apologetic because it was disgusting and in such a small shower you couldn't help having the curtain touch you. And the shower is so small and dark don't even think about shaving your legs, even under your arms is a hazardous try.   The second morning we discovered that there was only one clean wash cloth left for us. Also, when the room was serviced each day, evidenced by the made up bed and the envelope requesting a gratuity, the toilet was never cleaned while we were there, but the toilet paper ( which was a cheap thin brand) was nicely folded into a point.
While most of the furnishings look antique,  instead of an old charming feel there's a run down feeling about Langdon House.  There's no tv anywhere, the only common Rooney is the dining room. There is no lock on your bedroom door, you do get a key to the front door which is always locked, and there is a nice front porch with rocking chairs to sit on and enjoy your coffee in the morning since breakfast isn't served until 8am and up until 11am. This is a bit late for us so we took out coffee down to the water and walked around before breakfast. The morning of our departure breakfast wasn't ready til 8:30.
The location is very central to everything, as are many of the other B&Bs. We plan on making this a frequent getaway as we enjoyed the town of Beaufort but we will not stay at Langdon House again.

We've been to many B&Bs and this is just not up to standards.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked our 2nd trip shortly after arriving by accident on our first trip. First off, Beaufort is such an amazing treasure. The people are so sweet. On our first trip we were only supposed to be there for the day, but were quickly swept away by the town. We booked at a local inn and had a wonderful stay. Quickly we decided to come back for my birthday. We went to the Langdon House to see if they had any rooms for the weekend we needed. We were welcomed with a wonderful smile! Lizette booked our room and was so laid back about everything. Very comforting and welcoming. When we arrived we again were met with a wonderful smile and any information we needed she had. Breakfasts were beyond amazing. The freshest fruit you can imagine and a Frittata that melted in your mouth....scrambled eggs, ham and so much more...but the BEST of the whole breakfast was her homemade pickled jalapenos, garlic cloves and carrots! She even sent us home with a jar! She sat and talked with us at breakfast, it felt like we knew her forever. Will definitely return and hope to make Beaufort our home in a short 3.5 years!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I found The Langdon House on another website, but I always use this website to check places out. And I saw nothing but great reviews for this B&B. There were several other places in the immediate area, but they didn't sound nearly as nice as this one. Anyway, I called the owner, Lizette, and talked to her about staying the weekend after 4th of July. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend and I talked to Lizette about what I wanted the weekend to be like. I thought she was the sweetest lady when I talked to her on the phone, she gave me recommendations for places to eat and private charters to look into. She was a great hostess and we hadn't even gotten there yet. Anyway, I booked the master suite since the pictures online were so pretty. When we got there, I couldn't have been happier. The house was gorgeous, the yard was gorgeous, the inside was gorgeous, everything was just perfect. It was about a block from the waterfront, we parked the car and walked everywhere for the rest of the weekend. But when we got there, Lizette showed us to our room and I was amazed. It was so romantic, so perfect. The bedroom was spacious with a queen size bed and a little sitting area at the other end of the room. But the master bath was the crown jewel. It was absolutely amazing, it had a stand up shower, classic wood floors, and a jacuzzi tub that could've probably sat 4 large people. It was definitely the nicest bathroom I've ever seen in a house that's about 250 years old. Off the hallway next to our bedroom door was the front upstairs porch. It has a hammock and a few rocking chairs, absolutely amazing. So peaceful, I wish we could've stayed a month. But we stayed a Friday night and a Saturday night. Both mornings when we woke up, Lizette had breakfast waiting for us. Definitely get the hallmark breakfast. It's a few dollars more, but TOTALLY worth it. There's a table set up in the dining room with juices and coffee and tea and water. She brings out a plate for each person loaded with freshly cut fruit. Then she brings out the meal after that. We had pecan-orange belgian waffles the first morning and then her Mexican specialty breakfast the next morning. Both were delicious, seriously making my mouth water thinking about it. If you can, get the Mexican breakfast, it will not disappoint. But on Saturday, I was trying to get everything together for my "engagement picnic" and she was the biggest help in the world. She gave me a blanket to use, helped me cut up some things for the picnic, she definitely took a load off my shoulders. I've been trying to tell everyone I can about this place, it was so amazing. I can't wait to go back, this will most certainly be an anniversary spot in the future.

Room Tip: Master Suite is by itself on the second floor. It has a semi-private balcony out front and a small...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A wonderful house in a wonderful town. My first stay was in 1984 and I have returned many times on business trips. The owners have always been very accommodating and have even sought special food for my required diet. The ambiance is serene and intimate and I especially enjoy the beautiful antiques and furnishings. There is an upstairs porch as well as one at ground level where one can enjoy a drink and interact with other guests or, just enjoy the surroundings. The rooms are clean, quiet and, the master suite with the jacuzzi is very special. Lizzet Prest is a world class innkeeper and chef. I never pass up a chance to stay at the Langdon House and will continue to recommend it to business associates and friends alike.

Room Tip: Ask for the Master suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Langdon House, this time I chose the Master Suite with a private veranda and a whirpool for 2 that fills up from the ceiling. The atmosphere is inviting for romance (I am celebrating my first anniversary) and cannot ask for more. The house dates back to the 1700 and there are plenty of floor and wall lamps so it is illuminated and does not disrupt the federal colonial decor. I had the Hallmark Breakfast yesterday (what a feast) Belgium Orange-Pecan Waffles served with real warm maple syrup. My wife wants Mexican Breakfast tomorrow and we can't wait. Langdon House has different rates for the rooms, so if you want a little more, pay for it you won't regret a bit. Above all we have personal attention by the owner, great choices for rooms and breakfast and WiFi access unlimited!
Did I mention the rates? This weekend you pay 2 and get 3!
Amazing! I am glad I came back. Beaufort is Romantic and Relaxing. Just what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for specials during the Fall Season.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Langdon House is located close to the historic district of Beaufort. You can easily walk to anywhere in the main shopping area. We stayed during a boat building event and found the town ongoings to be quite interesting.
The Inn itself is nothing special, not bad, but not outstanding. The space was not dirty that we could see, but considering how dark the house is, it was really hard to tell. Our room was very small and dark. The bathroom was tiny. There were two holes in the ceiling directly over the bed which was a little disconcerting. Breakfast was ok.
Although I would not recommend Langdon House to my friends, I would stay there again if there was no where else to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!