“Langdon House #2?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Langdon House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Langdon House #2?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Langdon House is located close to the historic district of Beaufort. You can easily walk to anywhere in the main shopping area. We stayed during a boat building event and found the town ongoings to be quite interesting.
The Inn itself is nothing special, not bad, but not outstanding. The space was not dirty that we could see, but considering how dark the house is, it was really hard to tell. Our room was very small and dark. The bathroom was tiny. There were two holes in the ceiling directly over the bed which was a little disconcerting. Breakfast was ok.
Although I would not recommend Langdon House to my friends, I would stay there again if there was no where else to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We hadn't booked this accommodation until we were already en-route to Beaufort. Thankfully the owner held the room until we arrived, even though we hadn't paid a deposit and she could have sold it to someone else!

This is a beautiful home with a wonderful owner, perfectly located to everything in the town. We sat on the porch with wine and watched the world go by! Breaktfast was a real treat and once again with the local knowledge of the owner we had a wonderful stay.

Beaufort is a small but lovely town - if i lived closer and was nearing retirement then I would go and live there in a flash. The buildings, location and town as a whole are peaceful and well worth a visit.

This may seem strange, but the local graveyard is a fascinating snap shot of american history.

I would love to return to both Langdon house and Beaufort - thank you x

As I have said before, you do pay top dollar for american B&B's - but you get your own little 5* hotel for your money

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I found this b&b by using the "Siri" option on iPhone asking for the "best play to stay in Beaufort"...up popped Langdon House first. Well, Siri didn't fail me in the slightest! Cozy, well-appointed, and centrally located in the Beaufort historic district, the Langdon House was an ideal layover. The hostess/owner, Lisette, couldn't have been more accommodating or kind, even though I had contacted her on short notice. The furnishings were ample and comfortable, and the period setting was perfect. Simply put, I didn't lack for a thing. The waterfront and most dinner venues are within a few blocks walk. Perfect for couples or singles staying over. I think it might be a bit cramped for large families, unless they book two rooms. The breakfast was outstanding - I even took a picture of it to send to my wife for presentation ideas. I will definitely stay here again when I am fortunate enough to visit Beaufort again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Conyers, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

As a travel agent of 35 years (owning the agency) I was extremely pleased to find Trip Advisor's comments to be "on the money" when my husband and I recently stayed at Langdon House. It was "clean as a pin", a very important consideration for me. The location was absolutely perfect for discovering the little shops and wonderful restaurants in Beaufort, and the breakfast was the best I ever had at a B&B. It was freshly prepared, and MORE than ample. In fact, when I saw the size brought to fellow travellers, I asked for a half-portion. It was still more that I could consume. The gardens around the house are absolutely beautiful, and to sit on the front porch in the rocking chairs while admiring the flowers brings a tranquility seldom experienced in today's busy world. Lizette's friendly hospitality was warm and inviting, as you would expect in such a well-run establishment. She even met us in the garden upon our departure to wish us well on our continued journey. I am pleased to recommend Landgon House. P.S. No one knew I was a travel agent, and I paid like everyone else!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Marshall, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We chose this b&b based on other reviews and itslocation. Once we parked the car, we walked everywhere. The town is small!

Our hostess was so pleasant and helpful, she's a great cook too. Our room was on the first floor. We enjoyed sitting outside on the porch both evenings and each morning. The room was very clean and comfortable with a small ensuite shower. The sink was just outside the bathroom door in our room. There was also a small fridge in our room.

We enjoyed walking downtown each evening to eat and alongside the harbor.

Though there bikes available at the Langdon House, we never used them.

You should know that this house is one of the oldest in Beaufort. Though well loved and cared for, it has creaking floors and you can hear people in the hallway and coming and going. This would not keep us from passing another night there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I just spent the weekend there. Cannot say enough of how much we enjoyed it. Breakfast was outstanding!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Beaufort is our getaway destination for our anniversary every year, and Langdon House is our Inn. We've stayed there so many times the innkeepers put our name on the door of our favorite room! The first time was random choice; after that, we were hooked. The house has natural beauty, not tarted up with fru fru but comfortable and authentic and interesting. The food is fabulous -- we have coasted all the way to dinnertime on a Langdon House breakfast. The hardest part is pushing away from the wonderful conversation and fellowship at the table to get out and explore beautiful Beaufort. Lizzet is the ideal innkeeper -- gracious, helpful, interesting, but not obtrusive. By now, she is more than an innkeeper, she has become a dear friend!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!