“Welcome home!” 5 of 5 stars

707 Ann Street, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Beaufort B&B and Inns
“Welcome home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I initially planned on two nights here but enjoyed our stay with Donna so much we extended for another night. Donna is a warm and welcoming ambassador for Beaufort. She prepares fabulous breakfasts with recipes you will want to have and you can find in her cookbook available for sale. The rooms are lovely and the porches are welcoming as is Donna's greeting when you arrive and each morning. She will offer you a glass of wine and regale you with funny tales of happenings around town and make great suggestions for restaurants and activities. Follow her advice and you will enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed July 2013
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I really enjoyed having you'll and was thrilled you'll stayed an extra night! Plus, Al laughed at my jokes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband, Andy, and I were looking for a relaxing end to a Southern trip and we happened upon the quaint, beautiful town of Beaufort. Staying at the Ann Street Inn was a wonderful experience. We found it comfortable and very relaxing. I hesitate to refer to Donna as "The Owner" because she made us feel like we were friends, not just customers. We enjoyed meeting the other guests, although the degree of socialization a person wants is totally up to them. Donna is a great cook and the leisurely breakfast and wonderful conversation was a highlight of our stay. Donna also gave us good advice on restaurants and loaned us a couple of bikes to take a quick tour in the morning before we had to leave. Neither my husband nor I could think of anything that we didn't just adore about this inn and this town. I would love to come back some day.
Judy Roe

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Really enjoyed having you'll! Got to come back and meet my friend Kim from Minnesota!
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Ann Street Inn in May, our room on the first floor at the front of the inn was spacious, the bed was comfy and it had a lovely veranda overlooking the quiet street. What really made our stay there so memorable however was the warm welcome and hospitality of Donna the proprietor. The breakfasts were delicious and it was really nice to have breakfast with Donna and the other guests.

The Ann Street Inn has a happy buzz about it, if you are stopping in Beaufort, NC we highly recommended it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived at the Ann Street Inn, built in 1832, and were greeted by the innkeeper Donna Babington who showed us our room, which was lovely and had a private bathroom, a porch with rocking chairs and a wonderful breeze. The breakfast each morning was delicious. Each day better than the day before.
It was raining when we arrived and continued to rain for the next two days. Donna to the rescue. A few of her friends had stopped by and were playing Rummikub. Well we watched for a little bit and then they invited us to play too. We had such a good time, we didn't mind the rain delay.
We went on a charter tour the next day and did some shopping at the quaint little shops..I found some really cool things..stuff I won't see here at home.
All and all it was a lovely get away in a really nice B&B with lots of extras. Yummy food and fun, friendly people everywhere we went.
The restaurants were great too. Donna had lots of recommendations and not one of them was a disappointment.
We will be making this a regular destination for our travels.

Room Tip: There are three guest rooms, two rooms with jacuzzi tubs if that's what you enjoy. We chose the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My friend read the great reviews of the Ann Street Inn, so once we parked and the inn keeper Donna, introduced herself, I realized that they were all warranted just on her personality alone! After dropping off our bags in our charming, Victorian era room, we were given a drink and led to the porch. An hour and a half later, sitting with Donna, her friends, and enjoying the people walking on the sidewalks, I didn't want to leave the Inn! We took a couple of Donna's bikes and rode about the town, visiting the cemetery, bars, restaurants, and Shackleford Banks with the wild horses. This didn't hold a candle to the INCREDIBLE smell that wafted through our bedroom door the next morning. Salivating, we entered the kitchen, mingled with Donna and the other guests, listening to jazz music and enjoyed delicious coffee, juices, creamy scrambled eggs and veggies, home fries, fruit cobbler, grits, croissants and squash fritters...REALLY?? Donna had grown up in New Orleans, and her laid back charm, good natured hospitality, and cooking SHINES! I purchased one of her cookbooks to take home with me. Her last bit of advice was to take a sunset cruise, which we did...a big hug to Donna the next day, another wonderful breakfast, and memories of a charming little seaside town, with an even more charming seaside Inn.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Barbie, you're the sweetest! I loved getting my morning hugs! Can't wait till you come back!
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Everything about our wedding was "just right," but nonetheless, any wedding comes with plenty of stress and excitement. "Just right" continued with our wonderful, relaxing stay at the Ann Street Inn following the wedding. Donna is so friendly and fun, and her cooking is excellent. One of the best parts was the location - a very short walk to the business district, but set back enough to be low-traffic and relaxing. We didn't drive our entire visit, which was a vacation in itself!! We were not blessed with perfect weather, but were happy to wait out the storms on our balcony with a bottle of wine. Thanks, Donna, for a wonderful stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This charming B&B was perfectly situated for our weeklong stay in Beaufort. The historic and classically appointed home provided very clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations for two very persnickety pilots. Donna's hospitality was outstanding and breakfast was an out of the ballpark homerun! Front porch wine in the afternoon was a nice touch. Donna made our stay more vacation than business. You can believe me when I say that you will not be disappointed. "YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED"!

Room Tip: My co-captain and I stayed in the two largest rooms each with a shower and large Jacuzzi bath. The r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Ann Street Inn? Share your experiences!