“Beautiful House and Friendly Host” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ann Street Inn to your Saves list
Ann Street Inn
707 Ann Street, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Beaufort B&B and Inns
“Beautiful House and Friendly Host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Ann St Inn was a great place to wrap up our two week trip to Virginia and North Carolina. Donna welcomed us with a glass of wine, which we enjoyed on the front porch while chatting and sharing stories. Her hospitality continued from there as she gave excellent recommendations for things to do in Beaufort, helped us carry our kayaks to the water and offered towels upon our return in the rain. Our room, the Priscilla Potter, was lovely and opened up onto a shared balcony where we enjoyed a glass of wine (or two) in the evening before joining Donna and her friend on the porch. We then strolled to the waterfront for a yummy meal overlooking the sound. If we're ever in the area again, we will surely stay here!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

friends who are regular guests recommended the Ann Street Inn and its easy to see why they love it so much. It is a quaint and lovingly composed inn, small and intimate, on a lovely street convenient to everything. Proprietress Donna made us feel like family and showered us with home made treats and hospitality. The front porch is a mini-vacation all by itself!

Room Tip: we had the Duke of Beaufort room - large, bright and comfortable opening onto a porch. Spacious bat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I'm so glad that you were happy with your friends recommendation!
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The house is quaint and old, but that's part of the allure of Beaufort. Everything is there.

We loved our stay here and wished we had scheduled a couple more days. Donna was a friendly and helpful host and made us feel right at home throughout the visit. She let us have space but was there to help with anything we asked. The breakfast was really good. The bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Beaufort is a fascinating town that you could walk around for hours and never get bored. If we ever head back to North Carolina, we will definitely stay here again. Thanks for everything Donna!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you! I really enjoyed having you'll and I wish you'd have stayed longer!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

A beautiful room in an elegant home, a wonderfully comfortable bed, gorgeous breakfast (fried grits were my personal favorite thing) and a gracious hostess - who could ask for more, right? But the Ann Street Inn gives you even more than that! We had a great time just sitting on the front porch with the owner, Donna, and some of her friends. They gave us great advice about what to do and se,e and where to eat, in Beaufort - it made me feel like a local! I will definitely visit again. It's a great, cool little town, with lots of friendly people and fun things to do. And I will deifinitely stay at the Ann Street Inn when I return, hopefully in the near future!

Room Tip: I had the big downstairs room with the jacuzzi tub - loved it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks NYC girl! I loved having you, we do have a good time on the porch! When you left I felt like I had known you for years and have made a very good friend!
Southern Pines, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a wonderful time we had at the Ann Street Inn! Best Bed and Breakfast ever and located within a block of all restaurants and attractions too include the Historic Water front!
It doesn't get any better than spending an evening on the front porch with owner Donna and all the locals sharing wine and fun stories from the day's adventures! Be ready for a fun, zany and cozy time at the ''Anne Street Inn". Oh, did I mention the hearty and delicious breakfast every morning!!!!!! Our third visit in the last 8 months! This will be a regular visit for us!

Bill and Karen from Southern Pines, NC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
You know I love you guys! We have such a good time every time you'll come! Can't wait till we get together again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were looking for a quiet few days away, and Donna made our first visit to Beaufort extraordinary! We loved the nearby area and the comfort we felt in the b&b. I definitely recommend traveling to Beaufort NC and absolutely staying at the Ann Street Inn!

• Stayed May 2012
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much-you just made my day!
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was the first B&B my adopted granddaughter, Kassie (11 years old), ever stayed in and she's now a fan of southern B&B hospitality. It's like being at home, she said.
After a long drive in heavy rain and a visit to the NC Aquarium, we arrived at "the Inn." Donna called late afternoon to ensure all was well; she greeted us, helped us with our bags and quickly offered me a much needed glass of wine. She graciously accommodated our breakfast request. Her suggestions for dinner were spot on.
Upon our return from dinner, Kassie was interested in the game they were playing -- Rummikub. Before long, she was hooked and played with Donna way past midnight. She was prepared to stay and play all morning with Donna. WORD TO THE WISE -- Donna's very competitive when it comes to games - she dreams moves in her sleep. Her windowsill is stacked with games.
We felt at home in this charming old home and will return.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi is available in two rooms; must request 2nd floor rooms have access to balcony and rocking...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Kassie and I had a great time playing Rummikube and she told me 1st thing in the morning she dreamed about her moves, so I had to confess that I do the same! We had great fun, she is adorable! I look forward to having you'll back!

Been to Ann Street Inn? Share your experiences!