“Off the beaten track a bit and lovely setting” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas, Wine Bar, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our menu is created to bring you the freshest seasonal items available presented with a creative touch. Aqua’s small plates offer you an exciting array of tastes in ‘just right” portions ideal for passing around the table or enjoying two or three as a full meal. Aqua’s Big Plates feature "North Carolina seafood served stylishly" with the freshest local seafood and Choice Beef Filet, as well as local produce when it’s seasonally available. Aqua prides itself on offering fresh, local products and supporting our local fisherman and farmers.
Louisa, Virginia
“Off the beaten track a bit and lovely setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We arrived without a reservation which was not a problem even though they were having a "Wine - O - Rama" wine tasting event. We did not partake of that but ordered our meal with salad and coconut shrimp to begin. Salad was great according to my wife, but my coconut shrimp (3 of them) were very dry and fairly tasteless. I ordered the fresh catch of the day (small plate) and my wife ordered the Crab Au Gratin. also on the small plate menu. My trigger fish was approximately 2 inches square and crusted with Panko bread crumbs. It was just OK. The au gratin was pretty good. Service was very attentive as to drinks but the meal service was very slow. As we were presented with our check, we were asked how was our meal. My response, OK. She further inquired why it was just OK and I responded that there was just nothing remarkable about the trigger fish or the shrimp. Her response "We get that a lot". I was surprised and delighted when she returned to the table asking if they could provide a desert on the house to make up the "Just OK" issue. I said yes, they did and presented us with the biggest Creme Brule' I have every seen. It was quite good and I think when they get the kinks out of some new staff in the kitchen , they will be a much better restaurant. I may try them again on my next trip to Beaufort.

Visited September 2012

Beaufort, North Carolina
“We love Aqua!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We love Aqua! Don't know what is better-the staff or the food, but we do know that both always exceed our expectations!

Danville, Virginia, United States
“Aqua is a true dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I visited Aqua during a trip to the Crystal Coast a few weeks ago. I had been wanting to try the restaurant for several years, and finally talked my husband into going. He was so glad I did! We did not have a reservation, which was clearly a mistake when we arrived. The hostess graciously found us a table. Our waitress, Lisa Foisy, greeted us warmly. She was able to assist me in talking him into trying something new, rather than the same old beer. We happened to come in during Wine-o-Rama. It was a real treat for me. The absolute star of the evening, besides the lovely atmosphere on the screened in porch, was the delectable food! We found the bento box, the crab gratin and the roasted vegetable stack to be outstanding. The service was wonderful. Our glasses were never empty. Our food came out quickly, but with a considerate amount of time between courses. We were able to relax and enjoy our experience, unlike the feeling you often get of the owner wanting an available table. We have visited the area for years. This was undoubtedly the best dining experience we've had. We can't wait to return to Aqua!

“Why eat here?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I hope others have better experiences. Avoid their wine tasting Tuesdays, a disaster in execution. The place was busy and out of control. It was noisy. The food was served more than an hour after ordering. The ventilation system blew gale force winds in our faces. The food sat too long before being served. Why eat here?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“A fun and delicious dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Aqua for my father's birthday. We were greeted by a super nice hostess who seated us immediately (we did have reservations-there were 7 of us). Then the owner (I think) came over and told us that since it was my father's birthday they would give us dessert and split of champagne on the house. Our waitress was fantastic, extremely patient with my meticulous sister and my picky niece and nephew. The drinks were excellent (try the ginger martini) and everything we ordered was truly delectable. I wanted seconds of everything. The menu is great with it's assortment of small and large plates (all great for sharing). In the end with drinks it was about $30/person and we were sufficiently and happily stuffed. If you want something different (besides the typical seafood restaurants in the area) this is the place to go. I can't wait to go again!