“Amazing Views” 5 of 5 stars

828.626.3700
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier zipline canopy tour adventure. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, Navitat operates tours daily from April 1 through November 30. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville is a 100% tree-based adventure with 10 ziplines, 2 bridges, 2 rappelling experiences and 3 short hikes. The tour is 3.5 to 4 hours long and features beautiful long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the forest of Southern Appalachia like never before!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
North Port, Florida
“Amazing Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and i did the Blue Ridge Experience and was so much fun it worth the money. The guides were wonderful very knowledgeable and made us feel very safe. The next time Im in Asheville I will book another tour with them.

Forked River, New Jersey, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Fun, safe zip lining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My friends and I were visiting from NJ for a friend's wedding. We had time before the wedding, so we decided to go zip lining. None of us had ever been zip lining before. Our tour guides, Timo and Vance were both very knowledgeable and made us feel very safe while zip lining. Timo also told us about the ecology of the area while we were hiking to the zips. I highly recommend Navitat! Their zips were so much fun and safe and their staff was awesome! I can't wait to go again, I'm addicted!

Lakeland, Florida
“Absolutely should be in your bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I were first time zippers and we are hooked! This first experience was so rewarding that it became the highlight of our vacation in North Carolina. I will admit that I was apprehensive, but I did my research first. The guides were first class and safety was always the utmost priority. Highly recommended.

“Sooo Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We recently did the new Blue Ridge line and had a blast! Even though it was raining the entire time, it was one of the best experiences I've had lately....even though I do not like heights at all. I actually think the rain made it better. It was cool and misty and it felt like we were zipping through the clouds. We had zipped before but the lines were so short in comparison that I'm not sure I will ever be satisfied anywhere else again. I was so impressed with the obvious efforts that were made to conceal the structures amongst the trees. We will definitely be back again. I just wished we didn't live so far away. Maybe it is a good thing since it is a pretty expensive venture. My only suggestion for an improvement is to train the guides to spend a little more time taking photos. Some of the tours we watched on the monitors before our trip had some incredible pictures. Our guides were knowledgeable, safety conscious, and fun, but the one with the camera was not very conscientious about taking photos. I asked/reminded her to several times and she quickly complied; however, we missed some awesome shots. While we were in Asheville, we rode horses and did the French Broad...the latter was a great deal of fun, but zipping was better!

South Carolina, USA
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We did the "Moody Cove Adventure" which was 10 Zip Lines, 2 repels and 2 short Hikes. Right away we knew we made the right decision to go to Navitat! From the time you walk into the Main Center which greeted us with a big Hello!, to the tour guides that are truly knowledgeable not only about Zip Line and Safety, but the whole Appalachian Forest as well. If you are concerned about safety, don't be..this is their number one priority. With discussion and demonstration, we felt very comfortable for our first time here.

After the Safety demonstrations, we were equipped with our harness, gloves and helmet, then for a short ride to top of the mountain. For some this was a little nerve racking as the 4WD van was a little cramped with harness and seat belt against you. takes about 5 min to get to drop off.

Reaching the drop off point, you are given a short demonstration of how the harness and cable system works together. Now you area ready to zip! First two lines are what they call for beginners, short, not fast runs... just to get the feel and how to "brake" with your hand. It is a great way to get the fear out of you and wanting more bigger faster runs!

You really don't get a sense of how high up you are in the forest till you look down as you are zipping across the trees!

Our guides pointed out various trees and plants along our route which gave us the feeling that they really care about the environment and protecting nature.

Our tour took about 3 hours as we were with another group of four people. You have to wait till everyone zips to the platform before you can start another zip.

The repel part of the tour is ok, not as exciting as the zipping part, but educational. First one is about 30 feet and second one around 60 feet. It is not a free fall repel as you can let go of rope and just glide down by the pulley. Safety First! There is a short water break at the first repel station.

The other eight Zip Lines are great! One being the length of (3) football fields! we will definitely go back to do the new "Blue Ridge" run that is only (3) Zip lines but are much longer and you go side by side with another rider.

It is kinda hard to take pictures as you zip along, and as you are waiting at the platforms(gets a little tight on some of them) Depending on your guide, they will take pictures for you with their camera for purchase later after the tour. A GoPro is the way to go if you have one.

Go to the Navitat website and watch videos that they have posted.

All in all, a great way to spend time with family and friends! Cannot go wrong with Navitat!

as always, email me with any questions!