“Love the Vietnamese Menu!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 45 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Japanese, Vietnamese
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Love the Vietnamese Menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

There is something for everyone on the menu! Hibachi grilled items & sushi too. Sushi was really priced well. We almost went back the second night too. The grandkids split one of the hibachi dinners and there was still food left over. Four adults and 3 grand kids ate for less than $80. Wine and beer only. Service could have been a little better. The waitress disappeared after the food came so we only had one round of drinks but the food was so good it didn't ruin the evening. Good thing we were in ski clothes it was a little chilly inside but we were eating late on a Sunday. We'll be back next ski trip.
They are in the process of changing name to Cam Ranh Bay.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Good, with the right service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been dining at Tokyo for years. Nancy, the owner, is very accommodating and sweet. I love the Vietnamese menu, it's one of a kind in Banner Elk. I'd recommend the angry dragon sushi roll (it's not too spicy) and the Bun Thit Nung & Chai Goi. Absolutely delicious. The Japanese menu is good as well. The only down fall of this place is the wait staff. The two young adults that wait tables here are inattentive and often rude. Sometimes the cooks are nice enough to wait on us when we are being neglected. When Nancy is not there we won't dine there without an extra hour or two to waste. There have also been some nice renovations to the place as well.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

the food is amazing. there is a lot of food on the plate. i wish it was a bit less money even though there is a lot of food. the servers where traditional outfits. the sushi is way to high($$).

Visited January 2013
Banner Elk, North Carolina
“My favorite place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

When I want comfort food that is not only good, but easy on the wallet, I go here. The service is wonderful and their sushi is amazing. I've eaten other sushi in the high country and compared to here, the others make me sick. This is the place to go for a nice relaxing time. I go here with my husband often and I always get a Baltimore Roll, Edamame, and a side order of hibachi chicken cooked with onions. All that for about $12. Very easy on the wallet and yet it has the the luxury and beauty in the restaurant. Take my word, just go eat there! :)

Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stopped in at the recommendations of friends, and were surprised! Amazing food, service, and prices!!! The Lemonade is fresh, homemade, and delicious (free refills as well). I had a sushi boat, and my boyfriend had a hibachi meal. We both had way more food than we could eat and both meals came with a miso soup our house salad. Our meal with drinks was less than 30$! The cheapest I have ever spent on sushi anywhere, and just as good! Freash and delicous, very good sushi! Our food came out as soon as it was ready (boyfriends steaming), and we will most assuredly will return to this hidden gem.

• Visited November 2012