“Recommend!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Recommend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

At the suggestion of an employee at Banner Elk Winery we found ourselves at Louisiana Purchase. We were given the option of a table downstairs or one upstairs with a "view.". We opted for the view which turned out to be an unkept creek and the employee parking lot. Ok ignore the view we are here to eat. We ordered the crab cake appetizer--the breading was not the usual, but we liked it. My husband got the blackened fish and he rated it 8/10. I got the BBQ shrimp and rate it 10/10. It was fabulous. We shared the brownie for dessert and it was good as well. We each had a glass of one of their reds by the glass which we enjoyed. Ignoring the view and the loud table beside us the food was fabulous. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Cajun Elegance at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My prom date surprised me by taking me here before the dance. Oftentimes, these nicer restaurants carry a reputation for being "snobby" and not especially accommodating when teenagers come in. This was not our experience at all. We were seated quickly and were soon served by a pleasant and knowledgeable waitress. The atmosphere at the Louisiana Purchase is perfect- you get the ambiance you expect from an upscale establishment minus the hauteur. Our glasses were never empty (one of the ways I judge a restaurant) and the food was cooked to perfection and came out quickly. I had the crab cakes for an appetizer and the Blackened Fish Bourbon Street for my entree- both of which I will be getting next time I go. Whether you are wanting a romantic evening with your honey or celebrating a special occasion, the Louisiana Purchase needs to be at the top of your list!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Banner Elk, North Carolina, United States
“Upscale.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When we want a nice meal in a upscale setting, LA Purchase is the place. A fixture in Banner Elk, Chef Pat and wife Laurie, have gained a reputation amoung the fine dining crowd that can't be beat.

Visited August 2012
Istanbul
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the restaurant. I had the crab cakes and salmon with risotto, all of which were delicious. Service was friendly and fast. We came in early March and it was a little strange how we were almost the only people left in the restaurant by the time we left at around 9 PM, but still overall a really nice dinner. Portions were quite large, too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Had the Oscar filet and it was unreal! The whole meal was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. We also had the lamb shank and crab cake both were delicious. If you are in the area make sure you come here!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere