“Great spot for a beer on a summer afternoon” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great spot for a beer on a summer afternoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Good sampling of beers...outdoor seating or inside bar and tables. Food overall is average to good...but I love the beer options and sitting outside under an umbrella while using wifi. Relaxing stop over if in town for the week ...a place to connect.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas, United States
“Southern Discomfort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped in to this place and as soon as I bit in to our food, I regretted it. The brisket I ordered tasted like it was microwaved, and the BBQ sauce was like water. I only took two bites before I gave up on it. My wife's chicken-fried steak was incredibly brittle, and when we took it apart, only about an eighth of an inch was actually meat -- the rest was fried crust. Our sides were watery and definitely tasted microwaved. I actually don't know if anything that we got was cooked to order, and if it wasn't, it was REALLY overpriced.

The atmosphere was surprisingly bad. When we looked up the place it sounded like a little steakhouse, but inside it was more like a bar. I could smell smoke the whole time. The walls and floors were filthy...I hope the kitchen was a bit cleaner...

I do regret not complaining while I was in the restaurant, but I shouldn't have to when both our dishes were just so consistently awful...it should've never been served to us. We had so many phenomenal meals while we were in the mountains; even the little cafes and sandwich shops we visited had great food. But this Bayou Smokehouse and Grill...it was the worst meal I've had in seven years.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Bayou Baby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food....best brisket ever. Pretzel bun chicken sandwich special was AMAZING! We ate here numerous times on our visit and each time the food was very good. Nice relaxing place to hang out. We really enjoyed the covered patio. Our only complaint was that one female sever was particularly RUDE. The female manager was also busy and came across kind of snippy. This was all compensated by an extremely friendly/ helpful young male manager. We would absolutely eat here again!

Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We found this little bar/restaurant late one evening. It was one of the few places open after 10. We ordered drinks and food. The food was good - our server was very friendly.

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very generous portions of well-seasoned but only average food. Great beer list and fun atmosphere. Really more of a bar with food options. Service was good, but they were not very busy.

• Visited July 2013