My mom and I went up to stay for 2 nights recently and had a really fun experience. The day we arrived it was still snowing from the last storm so we got stuck there. Unfortunately once we got to the resort & checked in, we realized there were wasn't a restaurant on property. Fortunately, Arlene the night staff member saved us with junk food. Kind of like a time share. Kitchens, ironing boards, etc. No food. Views are apparently good but it was foggy the whole time we were there. Ski in/ski out.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ski & Country Club Hotel
- Sugar Ski And Country Club
- Sugar Ski & Country Club Hotel Banner Elk
- Sugar Ski Country Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Ski & Country Club offers privately owned condominiums for rent. Ranging in size from efficiency to two bedroom/two bath units, we have a clubhouse on property with an indoor, heated swimming pool, sauna,hot tub and a computer room with a desktop with internet access for use during your stay as well as a desk with wifi available for you to use your own laptop. During winter months, Ski Country Sports operates a ski and snowboard rental shop Fri-Sun and on holidays for your convenience in our lounge area. Our two bedroom units are ski in/ski out on Big Red and all units have foot path/walking access to the main run on the slopes at the Sugar Mountain Resort called Upper Flying Mile. During the summer, our elevation at 4900ft brings cool breezes. Sugar Mountain also has a series of hiking and mountain biking trails available. ... more less