“Great "bed and breakfast" option for a family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Main Street Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banner Elk
Little Main Street Inn
You added Little Main Street Inn to your Saves list
607 Main Street East, Banner Elk, NC 28604   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Banner Elk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great "bed and breakfast" option for a family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We found this place through a Living Social deal, and we were very excited. We love Banner Elk already and have a favorite bed and breakfast in the area for traveling as a couple. However, we were going on a family vacation with our toddler, so we were pleased this inn allows kids. Each room is a condo with a full kitchen and a separate bedroom/bathroom area. We stayed in a patriotic themed room that was decorated without too many extra decor items to tempt our toddler. It was great having a separate bedroom. We didn't get to try out the jacuzzi other than as bathtub for our little one, but it was a great addition. As was the little fireplace which we did get to briefly use. We had milk provided in the fridge, coffee packets for the machine with cold cereal choices and oatmeal packets in the room. More pre-packaged choices were in the hallway. It was great to have those items provided and allow us to take our time in the morning. We did not have any interaction with the inn-keepers other than checking in and a brief conversation on our way out to explore one of our days. We knew we could reach them if we needed them though, and we appreciate the privacy this set-up allows. Again, Trip Advisor reviews were very helpful and accurate. I did find a few things that weren't excellent - like having only one handsoap dispenser that was pretty much empty at our arrival and finding some dried food tucked inside the recliner when I sat in it. However, neither of those things would keep me from staying there again. Overall, comfortable, clean and WAY better than a hotel for this family!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mooreville, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived 7:45 p.m. and lucked up on this place. I walked in and was amazed at the cleanliness, quiet, and incredible decor. No person was in sight; the owners' not wanting to intrude on the atmosphere helps make this place incredible.
I used an old-fashioned phone to ring the inn-keeper; in less than five minutes, he came down. I asked to see a room and was shown the first suite on the ground level; I asked the price and was bowled over by the low off-season rate. I said we'd take it. He swiped my card, I signed, and he typed in my email address so I could get a receipt. Done. How fast and easy was that?
We're still amazed at the clean, neat, and beautiful accommodations, peaceful and cozy. Nothing like anywhere else we'd ever stayed. The personal touch and interest of the owners makes it. This place makes us want to go back and stay longer in BE; we won't even look at another place to stay.

Room Tip: We didn't see upstairs; we asked to see others on ground just for the pleasure of it; they were...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights. Staying here feels like staying with family. The staff is attentive and accommodating.
If I ever find myself back in banner elk, I will be staying here again.
............

• Stayed April 2013
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just returned home from a sensational family gathering in Banner Elk. We rented all seven condo units off the main hallway at the Little Main Street Inn for our various family groups for four days. We are a large, blended, extended family. We gathered in Banner Elk to celebrate 30 years as a family. The Little Main Street Inn was the ideal place for a large family group like ours. Each family unit had its own condo unit with a kitchen and we were all together off the same corridor. It was wonderful! The Little Main Street Inn is probably the nicest place I have ever stayed. Everyone in our family loved it!! There were 20 members of our family, all staying at this Inn, together. The Little Main Street Inn was THE perfect place for a large family like ours to stay together. My husband and I travel to Banner Elk every once in a while to visit our son and his family. We have stayed at other places in the past but we will stay at the Little Main Street Inn from now on. It's the best!!!

Room Tip: We rented all seven units off the main hallway for our family. Each of the seven units was lovely...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Johnson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Little main Street Inn in OCtober of 2012 with my finace' for the weekend. It was probably one of the best trips that we have ever had together. The setting was perfect. Phil and his wife that run this placeare great. I went up ahead of my better half on my motorcycle to get in some time on the parkway and will never, as long as I live forget pulling up and being greeted by the Phil with a handshake, a smile, the words "welcome home", and let me tell you that is exactly how we were made to feel all weekend...at home.

The rooms were clean and quiet. The surroundings were beautiful, and I cannot say enough about the owners and how friendly and at home they made us feel all weekend. We will be back. We talke frequently of how we plan to make that a reqular anniversary trip. Thank you all for making us feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Advance, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This inn is a very quaint,and haas plenty of country charm.My wife and I stayed in a suite.In this suite we had a full kitchen,den,bedroom,and huge bathroom,with a jazuzzi style tub.The bed was very wonderful.It was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in.The inn is very quiet,and you won't see the innkeepers unless you call them on the house phone.The owner's are very helpful,and can help you with the places to visit.I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Needed a place to spend two nights with my two teenagers who were skiing at Sugar and Beech. One hotel room is a little cramped and two hotel rooms is a little expensive. Little Main Street Inn offered a one-bedroom apartment that was perfect. Very clean, very nicely decorated - even if "country kitsch" isn't your thing its done well. We arrived late at night to an apartment decorated for Christmas to the tee - even the Christmas tree was on. The place was clean, warm and comfortable and had everything we needed for two nights and a place for me to hang out and do work while they were skiing. Also a stone's throw from Banner Elk's small downtown so close to restaurants, etc. I am not a fan of B&Bs as I don't like to have to make conversation with strangers if I'm not in the mood. My only complaint was that this was a little too hands off. We never saw the owner or anyone else for that matter. When the Internet was acting up for several hours I called the lobby phone to contact the owner and no one answered. Will definitely return for next ski trip. Very pleased.

Room Tip: We had room #7 - at the back of the building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LittleMainStreet, Owner at Little Main Street Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear BlazeAtlanta,
We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Little Main Street Inn. I am sorry to hear you were not able to reach us regarding your internet connection. Unfortunately being a small inn, we are sometimes on another call and are not able to break away quickly enough. We do try to call back all missed calls, even from our Lobby, as well as run down to see if there is anyone we can help. Sometimes we don't make it fast enough before a guest returns to their suite, but if you ever return, don't hesitate to try us more than once, as we try to do everything possible to make our guests as happy and comfortable as we can. Our greatest pleasure is your pleasure. Thank you, and we look forward to serving you again.
Most sincerely,
Phil & Lori :-)

Been to Little Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!