First off, I stay at this Best Western a couple times per year. I wanted to review this inn again, since it has been almost a year since my last review. I also actively shopped other pet friendly inns in the Boone, Blowing Rock and Banner Elk area this time. Having said these things, I can unequivocally say that this is the Best Value of any pet friendly inn in the area.
The big change since last year is the addition of a gym. Let's see...this Best Western has a NEW gym, a nice restaurant, a lounge and a pool with a tiki bar. Not shabby for a pet friendly hotel that ran me $72 plus tax per night DURING THE WEEK.
It should be noted that the rates at this Best Western go UP by $50-$60 per night on Friday and Saturday nights versus the regular rates during the week. THIS is the reason I recommend staying at this inn DURING THE WEEK if at all possible.
The staff is WONDERFUL and sincerely seem to care. I say this because I had one problem with my room that they are trying to correct ASAP. I was in Room 135 which has 133 as an adjoining room. Judging by the condition of the door separating the rooms, it appeared as if someone in Room 133 had tried to kick down the door between Rooms 133 and 135. I pointed this out to one of the maintenance people and he BLANCHED. I mean, he got really emotional to see that the particular door was in this condition. I feel EXTREMELY confident that something is being done about this as I type...
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Mountain Lodge At Banner Elk Hotel Banner Elk
- Best Western Plus Mountain Lodge At Banner Elk Hotel
- Best Western Banner Elk
- Banner Elk Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience outstanding customer service and convenient access to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lee's McRae College and more at this pet-friendly Banner Elk, North Carolina hotel. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk where guests will find friendly customer service, newly updated guest rooms and convenient access to a variety of Western North Carolina attractions. This Banner Elk area hotel boasts 100 spacious, well-appointed guest rooms featuring cable television and wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to take advantage of a variety of hotel amenities including an seasonal outdoor heated swimming pool, guest laundry, fitness center, picnic area, business services and meeting/banquet facilities accommodating up to 200 guests. The BEST WESTERN Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk is the only pet-friendly hotel in the area. Guests staying at this Blue Ridge Mountain hotel will have convenient access to a variety of outdoor activities including skiing and snowboarding at Sugar Mountain, hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains, horseback riding and golfing. Families visiting the area will enjoy spending the day at the Orchards at Alta Pass or the Tweetsie Railroad Amusement Park. Grandfather Mountain, just nine miles from the hotel, provides scenic nature trails and ideal picnic areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Best Western, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.