“Great Mexican Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food and service here was outstanding and they were able to seat us very quickly even though they seemed to be very busy! We highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited July 2014

Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Best carnitas for miles and miles.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Very good guacamole made table side, and melt in your mouth carnitas. We enjoyed our waiter who was helpful but not intrusive. Going back tonight!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, NC
“Surprising Mexican Fare in an Off the Beaten Path Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Didn't want to travel far to eat so we selected this restaurant. Tableside preparation of delicious guacamole was a treat! Food was very good as well. The owner takes pride in the restaurant as does his staff. On arrival he told me that since this was my first visit to his restaurant if I was unhappy with the food that I did not have to pay. " If you no like food, you no pay. Okay!" I thought that was a pretty good introduction. Waiter was very good and food was quickly prepared and served...he even asked me where I learned to speak Spanish without an accent! Good place to eat when in Banner Elk...friendly people and excellent food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Quite a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I must say, I was happily surprised with the food! The atmosphere is nice, quite area, clean and overall a great locale. I had the enchiladas, and my husband got the street tacos, his go to kind of thing. Great street tacos, and everything was sooo fresh!! Just so glad there is a nice Mexican restaurant in town when we visit, definitely worth going too! Oh! And, yesss the marguaritas are great!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
naples, fl
“food is good but,,,,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The meal part of the dinner was good but other factors in the experience were not. We waited nearly thirty minutes for our food is a rather empty restaurant, and when it finally was delivered my plate was brought and the fixings for my wife's meal of fajitas came but no meat until five minutes later when i found the manager. I noticed the same problem at other tables as food was brought out when ready and other diners at the same table would wait for theirs to be ready before they could eat. Waiters had no idea who ordered what, and would stand there asking who's plate it was.
It took nearly ten minutes to get my credit card payment processed and that was only when I went up to the cashiers check to offer to pay by cash.

When we left I told the apparent manager my concerns and he muttered -thank you for your opinion.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere