“Tears of Joy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Tears of Joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Authentic Spicy Mexican in North Carolina I didn't think it could ever be true. I gave up years ago on the idea and settled into the bland reality that is most mexican restaurants. I grew up in Arizona and have not had great mexican food since I left. I ordered Chile Relleno which is never a fresh pepper at most restaurant, let alone actually a pablano. I was so excited and surprised, It reminded me of home. I can't wait to go back and try tamales! The place looks great, beautiful restaurant with an industrial coziness, modern and clean, yet warm. Great prices $22 for lunch - 2 soft drinks, Chorizo queso app, Huevos Ranchero and Chile Relleno + tax. Tequila prices were good but it was lunch so I steered clear. Can't wait to visit again, definitely going to put this place into my Rotation.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Upscale restaurant without the prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This place has been wonderful in both my experiences there. Large portions, fully stocked (albeit unutilized) bar. large dining area to help alleviate waiting list on busier weekends. Best Mexican and suprisingly great seafood also.

Blackshear, Georgia
“Great fajitas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The fajitas here are great, but high in sodium. They include beef, chicken, pork, and a skewer of shrimp. The other meals we've tried were too salty. The place gets crowded, so go early if you like Mexican food and can tolerate the salt.

Visited September 2011
“A Really Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We passed Puerto Nuevo on our way back to our hotel and "seafood" sounded good so we came back to eat. Place was packed and the lines went on forever, but true to their word we were seated in 15-20 minutes. Corn chips were hot and fresh. They were out of oysters. We had carne asada, fish tacos, 2 combo meals -- they were all delicious. We had 4 margaritas (asked them to serve a more generous serving of alcohol on the second round) and 4 iced teas for the kids. For dessert we shared fried ice cream and churros. The bill came to about $100. Service was fast and friendly.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Consistancy, quality, and quantity, this place has got it all for the right price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Being from Texas I was really missing good tex-mex when I moved here several years ago. Sure there were "mexican" restaurants but none that I actually liked. I love puerto nuevo, they have good tex-mex for a good price and they have some of the friendliest most helpful staff in town. Gone'git there an have a carta blanca and an order'a chiles pablanos for me! In case you're confused that's texas talk for I'm craving some Puerto Nuevo!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere