“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The atmosphere was cozy casual. We stopped in after a day on the slopes, but dressy diners entered also. Being from Florida and being spoiled with great restaurants we were pleasantly surprised by this diamond in the rough. The food was amazing and on my list of top 5 of all time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Excellent choice for seafood in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great dinner here with friends and family. The fried pickles and the artichoke were delicious and the pepper bombs were as advertised, VERY hot. We all had different seafood dishes and everyone left happy, special of the day was fried catfish which got rave reviews. The trout was great and they even had a petite portion. Our waitress was very knowledgeable.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, TX
“Good Choice in Banner Elk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had one of our better meals at the Painted Fish. Painted salad, bacon chicken, salmon. All very good. Service was fine. Weather was good, so we ate outside.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Another great local spot in Banner Elk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We missed them on our most recent trip to Banner Elk, because they were closed for a few days, but when we came up for Woolly Worm, we eat here and were blown away with the food and service.

Visited October 2012
London, ON
“A bit of a dissapointment, but still alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited this restaurant back in August on a family trip, as I had heard a lot about this restaurant and had done some research before going. My girlfriend was concerned because she does not eat fish but this was not an issue. When I originally purchased the Restaurant.com certificate the intention was for just the two of us to use it and wish we had because the prices were more than I had expected. Overall I was dissapointed, although the rest of my group enjoyed theirs. The chicken used was thighs, which I think is a cheaper quality meat. I realize it is easier to cook and maintains more juices, but I just find that breasts overall are better. The flavor of the meal was good, however the cut of meat detracted from the overall experience for me. They are very busy, and reservations are pretty much a requirement. We tried going last minute, and were told there was nothing available for the entire evening.

• Visited August 2012