“Amazing food, fantastic staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lula
“Amazing food, fantastic staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

First time we have eaten here- the food was awesome and our waitress was incredibly sweet and attentive. Bison burgers, crab cakes and cottage pie! Yum. It was so good our kids wanted to marry the cottage pie! We are still here on our vacation and definitely plan on going back before heading home. GO- I promise you won't be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hidden in the quaint downtown area of Banner Elk is the best place to eat on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening. The food is farm fresh and very good. The Carrot and Ginger soup is excellent as well as the Puffy Fish tacos, and The Portobella Mushroom sandwich is amazing. The Bok Choy is a must and the home fries are the best in town! The outside patio is my favorite spot to sip on a glass of red wine and enjoy the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. The staff is friendly, attentive and interactive with all their customers. Jon and Lindy are the best most down to earth people. If you are ever in the area I definitely recommend dining there, you'll love it!

Visited September 2012
Boone, North Carolina
“Local fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lots of the menu fare is locally grown and they have a lot of special options for gluten free, vegan, etc. Between the two of us we split the fish taco and the pizza. Both were excellent. The kale is the jam. The creme brulee was also very good. I'll be back, and they serve beer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“A hippie type place..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I are were interested in trying this place because there were so many reivews but it wasn't what we really expected. It was a smaller place, could seat maybe 40 at the max and the benches were made a little too high to sit comfortably at the table. The food is more of an organic type which is good, we both like fresh and local products. My husband ordered a hamburger but didn't like it. They don't cook with any seasonings so it was very bland. I had a chicken and bacon sandwhich, which was ok, but again it was very bland. They do have the hand cut fries, which to us were the best part over all. I'd recommend this to people who aren't very big on taste and prefer their food more on the bland side. They were nice enough to comp my husband's meal because he really didn't eat any more than a few bites. The only other dislike we had, was the staff was joking around and having fun in the back, which is fine, but I don't think I should be able to keep up with your entire conversation because you're being so loud.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I love the idea of fresh, local food. I enjoyed my meal, but did find it somewhat under seasoned, although the salad was delicious. I will go again, and try some other items. It's quite small, and the service was a little slow, but it has potential. PS My husband did not like it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere