This was our second time staying here and, like the first time, it was wonderful, relaxing, cozy and welcoming. We stayed in a room on the second floor this time and found it to be as nice as the first but prefer the first!
Breakfast was good and all the staff were nice and helpful. We can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less