Very relaxing - be prepared for a beautiful area, wonderful, historical building, superior service, great furnishings, excellent menu. If you are on a motorcycle, be aware that there is a steep gravel driveway to the hotel. Nice grounds and quiet, peaceful atmosphere. As you might expect of a facility of this age, the walls are paper thin and the floors creak - not a big deal for us. All part of the ambiance and charm. BTW, room 205 is haunted!
Thoroughly enjoyed ours stay - entire hotel and dining staff were first class, facility is clean, fresh, comfortable, and has wonderful, period appropriate furnishings. Really enjoyed the history of the hotel and had an excellent relaxing stay.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fareportal so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.