“Hoped it would improve!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Come sit on the deck, watch the boats travel in and out of the harbor, enjoy the sunset with a delicious cocktail and fantastic meal. This will be a fantastic year at Mojo's. Our chef, Alex Azzam , has created an amazing new menu for the 2014 season. You can see the entire menu on our Facebook page. This year we have added a Sushi Bar. John and Andrea have added some awesome new wines to our list, with prices starting a $6 for a glass/ $22 for a bottle up to some truly amazing big, big bountiful reds. The Little Red Trailer has Soft Serve Ice Cream, Sno-Cones, Milkshakes and Smoothies, Frozen Cappuccinos and Mochaccinos all summer long. .And, as always, our bartenders are ready to serve up their latest creations. Our Beer, always icy cold, lots of the regular favorites plus a nice selection of NC Brews. Mojo's IPA from Boulder, Co remains the hands down favorite.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Hoped it would improve!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food is nothing to rave about and the staff is dull and not too friendly. I was hoping for a better food and quality when ownership changed but still the same problems as before. The prices are extremely high especially the drinks. The location of the place is the only good part. Why would you staple dollar bills up in a resort restaurant is beyond me. I just don't get it.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
AndreaBHHI, Owner at Mojo's on the Harbor, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I posted the story of why the dollars on Trip Advisor. Sorry you didn't ask while you were here. It's a pretty special thing to us and to all the friends who put their dollars up and a good story too.
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We work hard to improve our food and service. It will be better and better as time goes on. Our Chef is new and very excited about making the menu wonderful. I would suggest trying his special seafood dinner sometime. Every night he creates fabulous dishes.
Try us again, I promise the restaurant will be better every time you come.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“I did enjoy the view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

View was great, food was ok , service SLOW and every time we received the bill no fail it was always wrong!! My advice, always check before you pay!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
N.C.
“Island resident likes Mo Jo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great food. Lots of local seafood and it is FRESH. Not at all like previous restaurant which was all fried. Wholesome, different soup each day, reasonably proced. GO!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jasper, TN
“Restaurant on the Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great place to eat ! You can either eat indoors or sit out on the large deck by the Marina and watch the amazing boats come in & out.(My preference)
Food was excellent ! I've never thought of putting Lobster in Mac & Cheese, but I glad they did! Two of my favorite foods !
Wait staff is very friendly and attentive, but not smothering you.
Always seem the be a nice breeze coming off the ocean. Very enjoyable last stop after exploring and shopping on Bald Head Island. We always make sure we have time to stop & eat before the ferry comes to take us back to Southport, NC.

Tennessee
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

"MoJos" replaces the forgettable "Eb and Flo's". The setting is fabulous, especially at sunset!
The fried seafood platter (Calabash style) was all I had hoped it would be-- fresh flounder and shrimp, fried perfectly. A bit on the pricey side, but everything on Bald Head is! Waitstaff was freindly and competent. The new owner was making the rounds to be sure eqach table was satisfied... and they were!