“One of my all time favorites!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Mentor, Ohio
“One of my all time favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been eating here for more than 40 years! Hard to believe it's been that long but I love the sandwiches here. I have literally driven 150 miles out of my way to eat here. The chili and sauce are unique to any other place I have eaten. I've tried (and failed) to make something similar myself. Just a great little piece of history sitting in this old community. The shop is open seasonally so don't expect them to be open in the winter. MAKES ME HUNGRY just thinking about it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cortland, New York
“Gotta Love Dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If your a fan of roadside hotdog stands than this is a must. I love mine with all the works but my wife takes hers a little plainer. We're both happy here. We live an hour away and it's a little far for a dog but we fine time at least once a summer to wander to Voss' for our annual dog. Milk Shakes are great too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Brings back good memories!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife & I had their cheeseburgers today. They were great like I remember in the past. Also ice cream. They have not changed on over 50 years...

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marcy, New York
“"Oh the Chili Dogs"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

For years and years, Voss has been the place to go for fast food without the fast. Go up to the window, place you order and get a plastic letter or number and wait to here it call to collect the best fries, dogs, burgers and bar-b-que upstate NY has to offer, and for desert, don;t forget those scrumptious hot fudge sundaes.

Visited September 2012
Utica, New York, United States
“Is it Time to Open Again?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Anyone who complains about still being hungry needs to ORDER MORE FOOD! It's certainly cheap enough! I love the cheap prices and being able to get exactly what I want. I love the Pistachio milkshake, BBQ Beef (w/extra sauce), and the Chili Cheese Dog! YUM! Oh, and their french fries are the nice thick crinkle kind that are never soggy. It's like have a nice Backyard BBQ meal at your fingertips. I love that I can get my fill without feeling overstuffed. My only complaint is that it's cash only but I know that helps keep their costs down, so it's worth it!!

Visited November 2012