“Christmas eve stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Yonkers
Yonkers, New York
“Christmas eve stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Room was wonderful. You could tell they had just remodeling and I think they did a wonderful job.bed was comfy, bathroom unique and room service fantastic. Free WiFi available and very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: None of room views are great...lol you are right on Tuckahoe rd....very busy but so convenient
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I never expected such a beautiful room! I had stayed at the Royal Regency Yonkers a few years ago, but the rooms have been completely remodeled from top to bottom since then with new bathrooms, beds, etc. Comfortable, clean and brand spankin' new.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have no words to describe the rude staff, I have never seen so many people in the customer service industry so unwilling to accommodate customers and make their stay comfortable. Stay away! Gym is a joke. Restaurant is closed, no room service available. WiFi doesn't work. Bathrooms don't lock and doors slide open from bed while you're in it. You would have to see it to believe it but I wouldn't suggest it

• Stayed December 2014
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Our sincere apologies for your recent experience with our hotel. We are undergoing a complete renovation and our restaurant was indeed under renovation last week and it open now. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me at your convenience to discuss a little further about the level of service you received. Again, our apology and we would love to welcome you back to turn around your thoughts.

Respectfully,
Arnold

Travelers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wholeheartedly believe I had the best and affordable caterer in Southern Westchester. From the start I felt completely at ease and that Greg (Banquet Manager) had our best intentions at heart. He took us through the menu and options diligently and even going into it, I had very high expectations for the food I wanted served and the customer service I was looking for – Royal Caterers, Inc. at Royal Regency Hotel in Yonkers excelled on both fronts.
No matter my request, Greg assured me that it was doable and the party would be perfect. During cocktail hour, there were waiters who brought the delicious hors d'oeuvre, and I would like to compliment the Bartender and the whole team was professional and courteous. I cannot say enough great things about Royal Caterer, Inc., the food was outstanding, and they were so accommodating, very friendly and professional. The Banquet Manager was so helpful and so kind and the staff was wonderful, warm and professional.
Everyone was raving about the food all night! We were on a budget and Royal Caterers, Inc at Royal Regency Hotel made that happen for us at a very reasonable rate. I would highly recommend them!
Royal Caterers, Inc. not only provided the best food and service, but also paid attention to the small details that made our Holiday party unforgettable! The staff made every move to make sure guests were happy and satisfied. Our guests were all more than satisfied, and I am thankful for everything Royal Caterers, Inc. did!
In short, amazing food, amazing experience, and amazing service - these are the pros. You really can't go wrong with this amazing caterer. I want to plan another party just to work with them!

Joseph & Friends

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Joseph,

Our sincere appreciation for your warm words and compliments. We are delighted you and your guests had a wonderful time for your celebration. I will be certain to share your thoughts with our entire team. It is our pleasure and we always look forward to welcoming you back.

Have a spectacular Holiday Season,
Kololi, Gambia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The hotel is located within walking distance of some good restaurants and supermarkets. 2 malls about 10km away. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The cost of the room was value for money and checking in took a couple of minutes. The free wi-fi throughout the hotel was stable and fast.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your recent experience with us.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I'm on the fence about what to write about the hotel. I didn't necessarily have a bad experience but I didn't love it either. My husband and I stayed here for a wedding we had in New Rochelle.

When you first walk in the hotel is very dated and has a certain smell from the ponds right by the front doors. The lobby and front desk are on the second floor. It was a quick check in process even though the guy who was checking us in was being trained.

Our room was on the second floor and was definitely recently renovated because it was so much more modern than any other part of the hotel. While it was modern, parts of the bathroom looked half finished. The molding around the bathroom door had gaps in it, the light fixture had wires hanging from it. The new was extremely comfortable though which was great. I managed to get to the gym for a quick run. While it was nice enough (three treadmills, free weights, a bench and a weight machine) it was definitely not "state of the art" like they advertised.

After the wedding a ton of guests went down to the bar. Bartender was great and the drinks were very reasonably priced.

It was nice for the one night stay but wouldn't stay longer than that. I think a complete renovation of this hotel would do wonders.

Stayed October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit and suggestions. We will certainly use your comments in order to help us strive to improve our hotel. Our lobby renovation will commence in the new year and will address some of the concerns you have mentioned. Our fitness center has recently been renovated and we have updated with two new treadmills, two benches with free weights, a Helix machine as well as a new elliptical. We look forward to welcoming you back again and changing the mixed feeling to a feeling of comfort and satisfaction. Please contact me directly for a future reservation.

Best,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The worst thing a hotel can do is to over book rooms and they did it in my brother's weeding night. They had to return to their house because of that.
When the weeding's reception was over at 1am him and his wife webt to the hotel but they couldn't stay. The hotel recepcionist told them that they can give them another room but it was a duplex with two full bed. Imagine that!! A newly wed couple staying in a duplex. That was such an irresponsability of this hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!