“Good Deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Yonkers
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Good Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We were visiting family in NY and was looking for a hotel that was close and reasonably priced. Rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was the typical baked breads and fruit but that is find with us. We plan to stay here again the next time we visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Feigned interest in their customers but have no idea what they are doing. Two family weddings happening on a Friday night with mixed ages from children to grandparents and they rented the bar to an adult Halloween costume party. Costumes were trashy atrocious disgusting and we had to share a hallway and bathroom. As a business that is in the customer service business you should know not to mix company like that unless you have separate facilities. Business deals made and paid for for the wedding were all screwed up. They gave the Bridal Suite we were supposed to get and paid for to someone else. We actually asked to rent the bar but were told we could not they did not do that but then it gets rented to this other group! We rented a block of rooms and some were on the floor of the bar and halls. The weddings were over but the Halloween costume party went on into the night.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

Los Alamos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I checked in on Friday evening as a business traveller. I had to work Saturday and Sunday. I returned early from my duties on Saturday, decided to take a nap. I was awoken by disco music loud enough to shake the floor, no kidding. Apparently, the hotel had rented out the ball room, which I and dozens of other guests were immediately above, to a large formal dress party of teens. NIce kids, but the music was rattling the picture frames. THere was a continuous stream of guests complaining no-nonsense to the hotel staff, who were sympathetic but unable to do anything except promise that the music would end at 11 pm. The music did not stop at 11pm, now the promise was 11:30, then moved to midnight. It finally ended after midnight, just in time for me to get five hours of sleep and report to work Sunday. Oh yeah, they chipped $20 off of the bill each night, but what the staff could not seem to grasp was it was NOT MY MONEY. I didn't care. I needed rest and sleep, not apologies. I tried to move that night to the Residence Inn and then the Hampton and would have, but they were sold out.

The room I was in was passably nice, but the walls paper thin. I could hear the TV, and conversations on the rooms on each side, and any noise in the hall. By the sound of it, I thought I was in a $30/night truckstop hotel.

Do not be fooled by the grand entry and nice fixtures in the lobby. If they had build the building to mid-price chain hotel standards to the sound isolation of the rooms, and placed the stinking ballroom in its own independent wing, it would be fairly decent. But as it is, the close-by noise of untended kids running in the hall are also part of your luxurious stay, as well as the conversations and sex habits of your immediate neighbors.

Not ever again! Nein! Nada!

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms to the left of the upstairs desk on either floor. You will be above the ball r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

On 9/23/11 we stayed at the Royal Regency Hotel in Yonkers for 3 days. As a part of the group of 40 people we drove from north Carolina and reached the hotel at 1pm. We were told that the check in time was not until 3pm and all the rooms were not ready yet. However, they and couple of rooms ready whick the front staff decided to accommodate the older people first. The staff was very apologetic about all the rooms not being ready but at the same time very accommodation and considerate. For the rest of the group to relax until all the rooms were ready, the management opened up the breakfast room for us and served complementary coffee and cookies. It was a very nice gesture from Royal Regency Hotel. We truly enjoyed our stay and we'll definitely come back. Hi to Dane and Anthony and thank you for everything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Room was average but bathroom was a nightmare. Toilet was opposite the sink. The toilet was the elongated type and was so close to the sink, one could wash your hands while sitting on the throne. A person had to leave the room walking sideways to get past the 10-12 inches between the toilet and the sink, if that much. The toilet stuck out 8 to 10 inches into the doorway. Furthermore, there was no exhaust fan. Even Motel 6 and Super Eight motels have exhaust fans. The faucet was odd...I had to turn toward the "cold" in order to get hot water, and vice versa. The maid followed my written request not to tuck the top sheet under the mattress. Something was wrong with the TV remote control and to turn the power on, I had to do it on the set. After that, the remote did work. When my adult grandson and I returned the keys to checkout, the clerk was on the phone and didn't acknowledge us or nod to us. We waited awhile, and finally a man (supervisor?) came out from the small office behind the counter. We turned in the keys to him and asked for a receipt of payment. He told us it was booked by Experian for us and to take up the problem with them when we told him we needed proof that only two were in the room hen three had been paid for. My daughter could not come because she was super ill and in/out of the hospital within the past week (and also after we traveled). I asked for some sort of proof--even a handwritten acknowledgement, but he just said to take it up with Experian and went immediately into his office. For a hotel employee, this was very rude and curt. The other clerk was still on the phone when we left...it didn't seem like a business call.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Elmsford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was for a event in June. The service at hotel was great. When I asked for something try to get for me quick as they can. The hall where the event nice, clean and spacious. I will diffidently be back next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel offers a good clean room in a convenient location. The bedding has been updated and it looks like they are in the process of making more upgrades. There is a daily continental breakfast. A surprise was the Venue Restaurant. It had an extensive menu with a wide range of appetizers and entrees.

Room Tip: Try contacting the front desk directly to see about lower rates than what is posted online.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!