“If you love great food & good service....” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
martha's vineyard
“If you love great food & good service....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Love this restaurant! We loved their old place on Midland Avenue and this is the fourth time we've had dinner at the new La Grotta in Yonkers. Welcoming service every time. The meal the best! Prosciutto and melon - perfect. Clams casino - done to perfection. My shrimp scampi came in a heavenly sauce! The tomato sauces served on our two pasta dishes were freshly made - no straight out of a can here! The tiramisu and Italian cheese cake - delicious! And the coffee was fresh!Can't say enough about Chef Franco and his charming wife, Phyllis, who made sure we had the best of service and as always, great food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittstown, New Jersey
“Live Piano at the bar, food was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The service was very good. I was here with a group of people so things went slow but I didn't mind because of the company I was with. Staff was very attentive to different requests. The food was just ok. Nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was nice. They have a parking lot but it is small and usually full. We found easy parking right on the street. I guess I would go back but not for a while.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, New York, United States
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I ate at LaGrotta2 last night for the first time and enjoyed the experience.

We got there at 9PM (they close at 10). There were two parties finishing their dinners at that time so we were the only party there for most of our dinner. Our server was very pleasant and service was not rushed despite the late hour.

I had the truffle mushroom ravioli and my husband the chicken marsala (very tender). Both dishes were excellent. We shared a caesar salad, which was a very good size for the price. Very fresh cannoli for dessert.

We plan to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
newyork
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Attended a Rehersal dinner recently and wasnot happy with the service. Food was okay yet skimpy and it took forever to get our dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, New York
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is my 3rd review of LaGrotta2, I am so happy to say ignore my 2nd review. I don't know what was happening last time. I will say the owner called me personally an apologized for my disappointing visit. That alone impressed me. I had to give them another chance and I am so glad I did. I was there with some friends no long ago, the food and service were wonderful. Just the way it has always been. Such a pleasure to go there and have a relaxing enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited August 2012