“Looks can be deceiving” 4 of 5 stars

+1 914-372-7888
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 298 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mile Square Rd.
Description: Fresh ingredients, affordable, casual and friendly, cozy for the entire family or dinner for two. Siena's Trattoria , conveniently located on the northbound side of Central Park Avenue, just before the Cross County Parkway and just down the road from Empire City, is an affordable and casual restaurant serving freshly prepared Italian cuisine combined with friendly service, in a cozy atmosphere suitable for all. We feature both classic Italian dishes along with some twists on the classics. Siena's has a full bar and a value-driven wine list. Parking is available both on premises and on the adjacent side streets directly next to our parking lot.
New York
“Looks can be deceiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

When you look at the location and the outside of this place you probably won't think much of it... When you 1st walk in there is a small bar area and the restaurant is not that big either.... That's the deceiving part, this restaurant has very good food... Very accommodating here the staff is fabulous the owner is very nice and will stop by and make sure your dinner is going well... They have amazing specials here... Take the time to give this place a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised...
Parking.... Parking is not a problem there is a lot where you can park for free

Visited March 2014

“I agree with "Average at Best"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went with a Groupon, and even then it wasn't such a good deal based on quantity and quality of food. Shrimp were the smallest I've been served and sauce was eh. Not a yummy homestyle Italian experience. Owner was very nice and greeted us, as were other staff. Service, although the restaurant was not crowded in the slightest, was slow. There are a lot better places locally.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Average At Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I really wanted to love this place. We were very warmly greeted and the decor is simple yet warm and inviting. We were told our server would be Omar and five minutes later when he came out I asked if he was indeed Omar. However he seemed disinterested in any conversation beyond a curt "Yes". OK, so we got the message not to engage him in too much conversation. I enjoy servers who ask if we have any questions or who may suggest a dish however our server did neither. If he were busy I could understand it but there were only four tables active while we were there.

My appetizer of mozzarella & tomato was mediocre. The cheese was gritty and tasteless and the tomato flavorless. My main dish was chicken marsala and that certainly was quite fine. Cocktails were also excellent. However for dessert our server didn't seem to know exactly what was available . I asked if they had ice creams. He said "no" but that they had tartuffo. Well, tartuffo is Italian ice cream but I didn't want to point that out. I ordered it only to be told "We don't have it". A bit confusing but, OK, that can happen.
Again, with only four tables occupied we felt we had to make too much an effort to get our server's attention at times.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“A good Groupon experience, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Last night we tried Siena because of a Groupon purchase. The good news is the food was excellent and I think we will be back again without a Groupon. However, I took away a star because I got the distinct feeling they don't like Groupon customers and when we left I almost felt daggers in our backs. As we walked out the door, I overheard someone ask the owner "Groupon" to which he replied with a evident hint of distain in his voice "we stopped doing that..." I didn't hear the end of his sentence because we were almost out the door. I don't know if they have had bad experiences with previous Groupon customers, but we always order more than the Groupon covers and tip on the full amount of the tap. Last night wasn't any different.

Overall the food was really very good. The crisp, doughy, warm Italian bread served with heavenly garlicky and spicy olive oil was out of this world. We chose 2 small plates of the eggplant rollatini and the grilled vegetables for our appetizers. We commented immediately how robust the red sauce was, a true mark of a good Italian Restaurant. The veggies, were lightly glazed with balsamic and cooked to perfection. Personally, I could have made a meal out of this course alone. Our main courses were lovely. My husband loved his veal parmigiana. The veal was pounded thin and tender covered with a wonderful amount of that robust red sauce and fresh mozzarella. My salmon was moist and tasty. I loved the flavors of the avocado and tomato bruschetta like topping. Our dining companions also enjoyed their entrees. We savored the meal, then enjoyed cappuccinos and split 2 desserts - a creamy tiramisu and apple wontons with caramel sauce. We enjoyed the tiramisu, but the apple wontons were unique and flavorful. Overall it was a delicious meal shared with good friends.

So will we be back again? Most likely, yes. Can we recommend this restaurant to others? Very much so, just don't bring a Groupon!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, New York
“Excellent Local Italian Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great addition to area, the food is good and the bread is not to miss. Friendly staff and owner who is always around to make sure you are enjoying your meal.

Try the Calamari Arrabbiata!

• Visited January 2014