“Neighborhood restaurant with really great food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 298 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Asian
Delray Beach, Florida
“Neighborhood restaurant with really great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

While visiting family in Westchester, we were unlucky to be caught in the middle of Hurricane Sandy. After five days without power we decided to treat ourselves to a hot meal and stumbled upon East Harbor restaurant by accident. Our first impression was one of a regular Chinese American neighborhood restaurant although we quickly realized that they offered a full Japanese menu as well as a respectable sushi bar. We were a party of seven and ordered family style, which gave us an opportunity to sample many of the great tasting dishes. Since we were not in a Chinatown Dim Sum palace, we stuck with the traditional American style dishes. We started with Hot and Sour Soup and Velvet Corn Soup. Both really good. Then on to egg rolls and shrimp toast. We also put several sushi maki rolls on the table to sample the Japanese fair. For the entrees we made sure to sample from the chicken, pork, beef, shrimp and scallops as well as some vegetarian items like the Chinese eggplant and pan fried noodles. Everything was delicious and each dish had its own unique flavor. A pleasant change from many restaurants where everything tastes the same. The young lady who served our table was very efficient and friendly and the service was just the right speed; fast but not so fast that you feel they are rushing you. One final note that I am reluctant to mention because I don't want the world to discover this. East Harbor restaurant has the best egg rolls on the planet. Many years ago there was a Chinese take out near Penn Station in Manhattan that made the best tasting egg rolls. I used to buy them by the dozen and bring them home. When they went out of business I was heartbroken. I could not believe it when the egg rolls were brought to our table and I discovered that East Harbor was selling these same egg rolls. And for only $1.25 each! I will return to this restaurant as often as possible if for no other reason than to stock up on their fantastic egg rolls. Maybe I have said too much!

• Visited November 2012