“Lousy Racino” 1 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Yonkers, New York, United States
“Lousy Racino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I went and we were not impressed. The beer is expensive and it smells like mildew. Never going back. We rather spend our time at the nearby 375 Empire Post. At least the people are nice.

Visited June 2012

Hartford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Empire City is my personal favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that I'm a poker player and have always played at Foxwoods since I live in Connecticut. I was disappointed to find that although there are some table games there are no live poker tables at Empire City. I quickly got over my disappointment when I saw how large this place is and how many slot machines there are. Not only that, but their machines are the latest and most interesting machines I've ever played.People com[plain that it's a bit dark and it is. But I find that it's so spread out that you never feel like you're confined. There's plenty of room to move around freely without bumping into people. The slots actually pay off! At least they'll pay off enough to keep you going and interested. I got the players card and they send me free offers all the time.The last time I was there I had a free dinner for two at their Empire Terrace Restaurant overlooking the racetrack. It was amazing and the NY strip steak I ordered was one of the best steaks I've had in ages. I had also received $50 In bonus cash to use in any slot machine. The place is clean and the restrooms are just immaculate. I find the clientele lots of fun to interact with, nobody is uppity or stand-offish. It's an easy ride on the Merritt Parkway from Connecticut and I love not having to deal with all the New Haven and I-95 traffic to get up to Foxwoods or the MGM Grand. The best part is when I'm tired and it's 2 a.m. in the morning I'm home quickly and with no effort. If you live in Southern Ct. or New Jersey then save yourself a long dangerous ride up to the casinos in either Ct. or NJ and just head for Empire City. I also love watching a few of the trotters races.

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Trots N Slots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

not only do standard bred horses(trotters) race most nites ,but there's also a casino with 5500 slot machines. besides that they have entertainment. as a matter of fact its televised as ppl display their talents live from the racino. of course there's food & drink. not a bad place to bring a date ,providing you don't go overboard. yes the machines are tough to win at .i wouldn't go strictly to gamble ,unless you like the trotskis. machines are hard to win at. but if you're going for a nite out of fun n games its ok.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“First and last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Out of all the casinos in the area and I can confidently say in the world, this must be the worst. Such terrible atmosphere and you felt just "low". It looked like the only people there were the ones that had just gone to blow their welfare checks.

Visited January 2012
Naples, Florida
23 attraction reviews
“just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

not crazy about this place. The people are not particularly helpful or friendly. The machines don't pay off as good as other casinos that we frequent. We won't go back

Visited December 2012