“Good local Italian” 4 of 5 stars

861 MidlandAve, Yonkers, NY 10704
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 297 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Smart Ave. and Cerone Ave.
new york
“Good local Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a very good local Italian restaurant. Delicious food in a casual setting. The tomato sauce is out-of-this world.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bronx, New York
“Terrific neighborhood Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I recently moved from the Bronx, where there were a number of great Italian restaurants, to the Bronxville area of Yonkers. Only 10 minutes away from where we live, Bella Luna ranks right up there with my favorite Bronx restaurants. We've tried at least 4 or 5 dishes there, and our friends have tried many more, and I've yet to hear a negative opinion. Their chicken Scarp with vinegar peppers and sausage is extradinary, as is a pasta special I had recently with pesto, chicken and sundried tomatoes. I could go on and on about their menu. Their portions are generous, their prices are very fair, and the ambience is comfortable and spacious. It's a great place to go with a large group of people - and while I'm sure they would prefer that you make a reservation, they actually accomodated 12 of us without a problem on a recent Friday night! My understanding is that this restaurant has changed hands a couple of times - I'm hoping this ownership is here to stay! Outstanding food, outstanding place!

• Visited May 2012
new york
“Delicious - give it a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband found this new restaurant online after I told him I'd really like to find a new place. Well, we were both pleasantly surprised with his discovery and our recent visit to Bella Luna.

There are two dining levels. We sat on the top tier since they were expecting a party of 55 people for a birthday dinner that evening and had the bottom part of the restaurant reserved. It was kind of fun sitting up so high and looking down at everything.

The food was outstanding. Both of us are from big Italian families and are used to our grandmoms' and moms' excellent cooking growing up. We were not disappointed with our meals in the least. The food was hot, fresh and so very tasty. The service was friendly and professional.

I had penne arrabiata and loved the way they prepared it. The pasta was done to perfection, not too hard, not mushy, just way it is supposed to be prepared. The sauce was delectable with tiny pieces of hot peppers and garlic throughout. Most places prepare this dish by throwing in giant pieces of hot peppers. I appreciated the extra attention and found the smaller pieces mixed through brought out the flavors of the hot peppers in a fantasic way.

My husband had a tremendous piece of chicken parmigana and he said it was incredibly good. It came with a side of pasta. We both tried a side of meatballs and I am such a picky meatball eater. These meatballs were so flavorful and moist, I was practically licking the dish.
;-)

At the end of our meal, we chatted for a bit with the owner outside who was so nice and thanked us for coming to his establishment. He was explaining to us how they were still working on things like getting an awning and decorating. I don't think we would have noticed if there were only 3 walls, that's how good the meal was. We will certainly be regular customers. Thanks you very much Ralph for a wonderful meal and an excellent dining experience.

• Visited April 2012
Yonkers, New York
“Bella Luna is wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

In late March we went to Bella Luna a new restaurant in Yonkers for my brother's birthday. We were surprised that they did not yet have their liquor license (if you are from Yonkers and know anything about the Yonkers government - no surprise!), but it didn't matter.
The service was wonderful and the food outstanding. We ordered sodas and raised out glasses to my brother saying Happy Birthday. The four of us all ordered different meals and different desserts. All of us were extremely satisifed with our meals/desserts. When we ordered out dessert, one of the waiters must have heard us say Happy Birthday, because they brought my brother's dessert with a candle and all the wait staff sang "Happy Birthday" to him. It was a shock.
The only thing negative I can say is when the reservations were made I wish we had been told they had no liquor license yet. I say this because when we tried to order a glass of wine and were informed of the license situation, we were told if we brought our own bottle they would be happy to provide glasses. Had we known we would have brought our bottle of wine.
So make your reservations, ask about the liquor license and definitely go to Bella Luna. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2012