“only 20 minutes from Yankee Stadium” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Yonkers
Hamden, Connecticut
“only 20 minutes from Yankee Stadium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We decided to take our Grandson to a night game at the stadium and didn't want to drive back to CT after the game. This hotel seemed like a reasonable distance and since I had Marriot points, I booked it. This place far exceeded any expectations. Right from check in (4/27, 4:30 PM) the wonderful young gentleman at the desk engaged in conversation with our Grandson, and upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom suite with gas fireplace. The facility is immaculate, the room was spacious and beautiful, and if you wanted to prepare your own food, the kitchen was fully equipped, and there is also an Applebee's within the complex for a quick snack. The ride to the stadium was very direct and about 20 minutes away.
The fee breakfast buffet Monday morning was ample with excellent hot and cold selections. When I mentioned to the buffet manager how I loved the blueberry muffins, which seem standard at the Marriott chains, and how I wish they sold them , she insisted that I bring some home and prepared a nice plate for me! Definitely beyond kindness.
Since we travel more in our "golden years" we have come to appreciate the various hotels in the Marriott family. From Springhill Suites to the traditional hotels, they all seem to provide consistent quality, service and value, and the rewards program is exceptional.
Definitely recommend this hotel for any traveler, and especially for anyone traveling North after a Yankees game.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went for a weekend getaway for my daughters 10th bday, and although we live in the Bronx, it felt like we were many miles away!!! The hotel was clean, classy....employees were super nice! We were welcomed with two gift bags with goodies which was a very personal touch that made us feel right at home. The rooms were super spacious, the full kitchen was great, beds were great, couldnt ask for more. My parents had the roll in shower.....totally convenient for the elderly and disabled. And last but not least, the breakfast was a delicious full breakfast with so much variety. I highly recommend this hotel and plan on visiting again, and again. :)

Room Tip: These are full suites so they're all great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I satyed here while visitng with friends and family that live in the Bronx, New York City.Very new property, clean as a whistle.Off the beaten path however. Well stocked with all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: AAA / Military discounts make this a bit more affordable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I travel for a living as you can see by my other reviews. This hotel is amazing. The staff is more like family than coworkers. What a difference that makes! Everyone here knows you by name. I'm used to hearing a standard "So long, have a great day" every time I leave for my jobs in the morning but here its more like the greeting you would get from your best friend. The people here care about you and you can really tell. The rooms are wonderful, clean and perfectly functional. The lobby doesn't have a small business office it has a huge Business Library with comfy chairs, tables and computers. Everything here is perfect! Every employee here is a standout but Jordan, Chris and Eddie were just the best. I feel like I'm leaving friends not just star at a hotel. I come to this area often but don't usually have to stay at a hotel when I'm here, Next time I need a hotel without a doubt it will be here. Normally I just come to the area for the restaurants. When I do I will be stopping in to say hello to all my new friends. I've stayed at Residence Inns all over the US, I stayed here due to the proximity of the hotel to the Animal Specialty Center where my best friend is going through Cyber Knife cancer treatments. I would NOT have been able to make it through this incredibly rough time without Jordan, Chris and Eddie. THANKS GUYS! I'll keep you posted on the pups progress.
There are so many businesses and Hospitals around the area. If you work at one of them or have to visit the hospital you MUST stay here.
I want to be clear that every staff member here was a standout, I just don't remember very ones names (Shame on ME).
I can go on and on, the night time staff that spent hours with me while I couldn't sleep. The other hotel guests that have stayed here for 6 month plus all had nothing but good things to stay and the fact that this hotel is PET FRIENDLY just melts your heart. There was nothing negative here. This was a perfect stay during a very hard difficult time.

Thanks to all!

Bill Nussman
startrekgeeks

Room Tip: I don' think you could possibly get a bad room. Even the rooms that face the busy road are sile...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been staying at this Residence in almost every week for 3 nights per week since July of 2013. Every Monday when I walk in they welcome me back by name even before I can produce my ID. This week 1/21/2014 the greater NY area was hit with a significant snow event. I am no expert but would estimate that the grounds of the hotel got about 8 inches of snow. Their staff handled things with great enthusiasm and did their best in the conditions to keep the sidewalks clear and safe. When I went to leave for the office the morning of the 22nd the hotel had staff outside in boots and parkas and one of them offered to clean my car off for me. I wrote a separate note to the business manager letting her know how much their slant towards exceptional customer service was appreciated. I love the hotel and how close it is to the office I am working out of but the service is what makes this place special.
While I have Marriott Gold Elite status, it seems they treat all guests with the same level of courtesy.

Room Tip: attempt to stay away from even numbered rooms, second floor east side unless you love an awesome vie...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We're from western Massachusetts which is too far for a day-trip to New York City. Staying in Manhattan hotels is expensive, especially with parking, and driving to New Haven to park and taking the MetroNorth train isn't optimal - parking can be expensive and the railstation garage there has always been full. I think we've found what we're looking for: the Marriott Residence Inn north of Yonkers hotel is a few blocks off the Saw Mill Parkway, and the drive into the west side of Manhattan from there is straightforward and short. Also, for those who don't want to drive into the city, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the MetroNorth station at Greystone, about a mile from the hotel. The hotel is modern, spick and span, with a full kitchen in our unit, a standard but ample and well-prepared breakfast included, and a very helpful staff. Cost is 1/2 or 1/3 of comparable stays in Manhattan. Highly recommended -

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very clean, very modern, very well kept nice amentities, and in YONKERS. Trying to find a pet friendly place in lower Westchester is difficult, I completely recommend this. My parents come to visit, and its always a struggle, but now they can come and have their own apartment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers? Share your experiences!