“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albany, New York
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Great facility; Staff provided great service. Great value. Nice breakfast. Good location; Free parking. It is close to the Bronx and Manhattan. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

First, the hotel is beautiful. However, the first desk have to make some attitude adjustments. I found a used condom in my room and the maid came into our room unannounced. This was a special day. First it was my birthday and then the day I got proposed to. And this is what they offer us. Initially they take 20.00 off the room, but because I made a big issue, they gave us the room for free. I will never stay at this location again. I can bet, if we were of another race, we would have been treated better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; we take guest feedback very seriously and will get to the bottom of the concerns you raised. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. I will be reaching out to you to further discuss the incident and hope that you'll give us another try so that we may better demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Andre Clark, GM
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is beautiful,and the staff were professional, helpful, and went above and beyond. My elderly aunt was staying alone and the staff were great with her.I couldn't be with her continuously and the staff helped her each time she asked. The accomdations were beautiful and extremely clean. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

New York City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a business trip in Bronx. But I did not find a good hotel there. Then I looked for some hotel in Yonker and found this one. Very nice, clean, and comfort hotel. The traffic to Bronx was not bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

please see prior comments regarding pool and also on 11/10/13 management as front desk was not very accomodating......also listened to her discount a person checking in rates below what we paid and I am a gold member and prepaid to get the best rate - she cut their rate from a quoted $290 in half to $145????

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I usually love Hampton Inn with their suite rooms. I heard great review about this one and decided to try it out instead of the Hilton Garden Inn. What a big mistake, for the rate of 200+, I would expect the room to be cleaner. The bathroom air vent had gross things growing from it. Anyone that cleaned that bathroom would be able to see it. I was afraid to use the toilet in case it dropped on my head. The bed skirt had stains all on it. Looks disgusting, I don't even want to think what it is. I did not move from the middle of the bed in case I touched something gross.

Pros: The bed was soft as always.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Monroe, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location, clean but expensive compared to other Hampton Inns. One major complaint is this hotel is pet friendly. There was a dog barking on and off most if the night and into the morning. Others checking out had the same complaint. I would not stay at this perticular inn again.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that noise from a barking dog was an issue during your time with us. We are a pet-friendly hotel and require all guests to sign a pet policy which stipulates that they may be asked to leave if we receive any ongoing complaints of dog barking. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Andre Clark, GM

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!