We stayed here for five nights, after the hurricane and during the nor'easter. We chose it for its proximity to the Bronx, which was only a ten minute drive. The hotel was filled with people without power and utility workers trying to restore it. The staff was very friendly and helpful even though overwhelmed by the circumstances.
Our room was clean and comfortable. I liked the generous counter in the dressing area. My pet peeve with hotels is the stingy space they give travelers for all their "stuff". We had a suite so there was extra space for a small fridge and microwave. There was an additional counter with a mirror so theoretically, two places to prep for the day.
The shower had good water pressure and consistent temperature.
The lobby has a breakfast area and a small bar. The fireplace was a nice place to hang out during the storm. They also serve fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. Yummy.
All in all a nice stay. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers is something most unexpected: The elegant contemporary decor and amenities of an upscale, full-service hotel without the exorbitant room rate. Best of all, you can easily travel to the glamour and bustle of New York City, then retreat to the peaceful luxury of our hotel in the quiet setting of Yonkers, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Yonkers
- Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers Hotel Yonkers