“Still my favorite Mexican Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Still my favorite Mexican Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I go here at least twice a month. I always go for the specials and my wife always goes for the taco meal. The prices are reasonable and the sevice is great.

Visited October 2014

Yonkers, New York
“Good food, great music but service is a bit lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Went there for an engagement dinner, about 10 of us. Restaurant is large with ample seating. The music was good and you can actually dance too. However, I felt the service was a bit lacking. The servers were not attentive enough and every time we needed something we would have to flag someone down and wait.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scarsdale, New York
“Restaurante Mexicano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Rancho Grande has been around for quite some time but was never our go to place. We were particularly put off by the fact that they charged for an additional bowl or chips and salsa after the first one. Well, that policy seems to have changed. Much better. Additionally, the last time we were there (about 2 years ago) the noise level was so high that despite the good food, it was a most unpleasant experience.

About a year ago, I bought an Amazon gift certificate for the place for $20.00 which gave me $40.00 off my bill. It took a year to convince my wife to go back because of the previous two less than perfect experiences.

Well, the gift certificate would have expired tomorrow so I got milady to go.

The margarita was killer good, the Sangria also good. I'm a Tamale fan and most of the local Mexican restaurants around my home don't have tamales. As soon as I saw tamales on the menu, I knew what I was going to order. My wife, who grew up on TexMex in Dallas is a pretty harsh critic of Mexican food. She ordered the Tacos al Carbon. Both dishes came with the usual yellow rice and re-fried beans. I'm not a fan of the rice and I really believe it to be not worth the carbs that it contains. the refried beans were a little bland. On the other hand, the dishes we both pretty good. Flavorful and not too spicy. Works for us !!!!!

Rancho Grande is somewhat more expensive than the other Mexican restaurants around so be ready - before the $40.00 off all that I described was $54.00 before tax and tip.

I liked it and I'll try to convince my wife to go again.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bronxville, New York
“Best mexican food in southern westchester love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

I love this place! As soon as you step through the big wooden door you are no longer on Central Park Ave in Yonkers, you are in Mexico, arrrrrrriba!!!! Tons and tons of tables. The service last night was great! Very attentive server. Guacamole is great (just say no lime or little lime because one time we went there and the guac was overloaded with lime) and all of our meals were actually quite tasty and delicious. We've been there a few times in the past and it's always been *good* but last night our food was excellent. Margaritas are good. In the past the red sangria has been not good so we had some white sangria and that was great, so if you're a sangria person go for the white. They make the margaritas to order but one thing that could be better is that all of the margs are described as using "margarita mix" it would be nice if they made fresh margarita mix with lime juice and agave. I'm actually not sure what's in the mx though, I did not ask. But in any event the margaritas are still good. The only thing that was really lacking was the dessert. There were no churros on the menu, and we really like churros!! So we got this other fried dough dessert thing, but it was not very good. It came with some low quality ice cream and one of those tacky goopey cherries on top and the fried dough things had been fried a few hours ago. So the dessert was the most disappointing. But in the past I had the friend banana dessert which was delicious. And the rest of our meal last night was superb - steak fajitas and chicken enchiladas. Definitely go here for good mexican food in westchester! Also regarding the review below me, this place is a million times better than blue moon in bronxville. blue moon in bronxville is the WORST and my friend got food poisoning from blue moon the other night.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bronxville, New York
“Great margarita!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had a craving for Mexican food so dragged my husband here as we have passed this place for years.

The outside needs work. Certainly needs better 'curb appeal' but inside was great. Delicious Margaritas and the food was good too.. but quite expensive. I was actually shocked when I saw the prices compared to say.. Blue moon in Bronxville.

Service was a little slow but the waiter was very friendly which is always nice!