“Meh, better Mexican exists elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Yonkers, New York
“Meh, better Mexican exists elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The food isn't bad here but it's not exactly something I'd rave about it either. The service could use some improvement as well. There are many other places I'd rather go first for Mexican than Rancho Grande. It's also kind of pricey for a Mexican place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“LOVE this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Food is always good...atmosphere is great and the wait staff is very friendly. I have never waited for a table here! entertainment is allot of fun as well!

Visited May 2012
yonkers
“Wow great authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great fresh food and great service. Vic is awesome. The owner is pumping alot of money into this place and it shows. It is a great place for anything drinking eating dancing etc.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tuckahoe, New York
“Delicious food, fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Went on a Saturday night. We were seated immediately, the place is HUGE. The food was, as usual, excellent. I had fish tacos, my wife had quesadillas, and it was perfect. The half-pitcher of red sangria was sweet and tasty (though a little pricier than I would have thought). Service was excellent, and as is par for this restaurant, FAST! We even indulged in desert, flan for her, ice cream for me, all delicious! Have been there before, will go there again!

Will say they're a little pricier overall than I would like, but I wouldn't call it expensive. The restaurant has a nice ambience as well, and mariachi bands occasionally play in the bar. I don't know if they go table to table like other restaurants, I hope not, I hate that.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, NY
“Great food and wonderful service..but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great place for Mexican food and just to meet with friends for drinks and appetizers! Love it there, but I was a little disappointed when my kids were just loving the chips and we asked them to bring more and were told that they would have to charge us. We are a family of six and a small basket of chips between everyone was just not enough. We all ordered dinners and I just thought to myself that with what we are paying, like most restaurants, bread and/or chips should just come with the meal. Are things that bad that a restaurant would resort to charging for more chips?? My meal actually came with guacamole and the chips would have been great. How in the world do you tell people that they have to pay??!! Besides that, everything else was great!! Try the steak dishes..they are really fabulous!!

• Visited March 2011