“We call it Bazaar Maria's” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 28 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
New York City, New York
“We call it Bazaar Maria's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place could be spectacular and there are glimmers of it there already! Best Italian sub. Great Coffee. Yummy little paninis to go and in the warmer months; the most darling little courtyard to sit it. Great place to go and order breakfast and sit outside to eat. The owner is Italian and I wish she could just have the most amazing italian pastries and foods available.
Staff is very Bazaar...

Visited December 2011

Suttons Bay, Michigan
“Delicious food, very friendly services.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My daughter and I happened to come across this great little place. It's on one end of town behind a gift or clothing store. It was delightful and we had the best lunch. I had a slice of spinach filo dough and wonderfully seasoned perfectly cooked cauliflower. My daughter had carrot ginger soup and a plate of seasoned cooked vegetables. She loved her lunch.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, New York
“food is standard pretend gourmet deli”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Service is beyond terrible. The people behind the counter act as if dealing with customers is an imposition. I have been there early in the morning on many occasions when there is no place else to go. My experience was as if they resented my being there

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
HARRIMAN, NY 10926
“DELICIOUS & HEARTY FOOD, REASONABLY PRICED, WITH KIND SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Planning our wedding, my wife and I went here on a recommendation from a friend. Upon first glance, the place is modest, but clean, very together, with hearty and enticing food. When you think wedding though, you want big and special, and we wondered if Maria's could handle it. All I can say is, once we met Maria and her daughter, we knew we made the right choice. They sat us down, very casual, no pressure, brought us plate after plate to sample, all surprisingly delicious, no grief, and no charge. But it went deeper than that. Maria was so kind and cheerful, and she truly treated us like family. I simply couldn't believe it. The prices were very reasonable. After making our choices, she suggested we add salads and fresh baked bread. We asked how much. She waived her hand, and said "no charge" as though it were a given. She arranged the simply most delicious wedding cake we've ever tasted. Our guests loved the food. We live an hour away, and years later, when we stop in and say hello, she remembers us, with a warm smile, as we chat and catch up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Catskills, NY
“Best better-than-a-deli anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

Maria - who is always smiling - is usually there herself overseeing things, and making delicious homemade hot dishes (vegetarians and vegans will have choices, too), homemade soups, fresh baked goods and fresh pastas (made by a local pasta company run by her daughter!) to go with the full spectrum of deli offerings. Try the chicken & potato roll, lobster ravioli, or the Italian wedding soup.

Also has a small grocery and features many hard to find international (largely Italian/European) specialties. If she doesn't have it, she'll make it!

There's a small patio and garden for nice weather and some chairs and tables inside but this is not really a restaurant so much as an expanded gourmet deli. A great place to grab a bite while shopping, since it's right in the center of town, but set back off the road so you can relax even mid-summer on a weekend. There do tend to be lines during tourist season but the food is worth the wait!