“Good food but SO not worth the wait” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Torrington, Connecticut
“Good food but SO not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Woodstock and were pleasantly surprised at all the vegan friendly options. Walking past the green, we noticed this cute outdoor seating cafe and were intrigued. We stopped in for lunch at about 3pm. We did not leave there until 4:45! And not because we were sitting down and enjoying the atmosphere. We did that the first 30 minutes after we got seated. Our waitress filled water and walked away, two other waitresse were obviously fighting because one was looking for the other and made a comment loud enough for customers to hear about the girl being "off with her boyfriend and having to do all her work".

After this, our waitress finally came back and proceeded to tell us they were out of a majority of the menu! We ordered strawberry peach smoothies and because they ran out of strawberries, we ended up with just peach. They were out of pasta, black bean burgers, carrots, enchiladas and every fruit but peaches. Mind you, it was 3pm when we got there! And they close at 9pm! I wonder how the dinner shift went!

The food was the only redeeming (sorta) quality of this place. I had a portabello mushroom burger and my husband had a chickpea wrap. We shared a really tasty vegan cesar salad and the peach smoothie were still tasty. We got our bill which was reasonable! At $35 with tip. (Yes, despite the waitress disappearing and fighting we still left them a tip.)

Overall, it was an okay experience. It wouldn't NOT be my first choice going back to Woodstock.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

new york
“Nice Veg spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stopped here for some lunch after the tour at the Woodstock Animal Farm. Seated right away, inside. Cozy and interesting cafe. The food was pretty good as well and staff very friendly. Left satisfied.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, NY
“No Apologies Vegan Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm fortunate that my shop, Pondicherry, is 45 second walk away from the Garden Cafe. Grabbing something for lunch is a happy luxury, though we often go for dinner. Everything is tasty. Everything! Service can be slow (and quick, especially for takeout). Lovely outside dining in the summer. My corn / tomato appetizer inspired me to finally write a review today. It was just so good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A pleasant lunch spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We knew this was a vegan restraurant - we aren't vegan but wanted to give it a try. We had lunch here last week and had a very enjoyable lunch and dining experience. The food was farm to table fresh, had good flavor and was attractively presented. Highly recommend - vegan or not - will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“I'm not even vegan...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

and I loved the food. As a dariy-eating carnivore, I was pretty sure I would not like the food. The food is very flavorful, and the atmosphere is relazing.

Visited June 2013