“We will definitely stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Enchanted Manor of Woodstock
23 Rowe Road, Woodstock, NY 12401   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Woodstock B&B and Inns
East Hampton CT
“We will definitely stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Enchanted Manor on Memorial Day weekend. My husband had never stayed at a B&B before and was a bit leary. As soon as we arrived, Claudia made us feel right at home. Our room was very nice and so were the grounds. Even though Claudia and her husband are vegetarians, they went out of their way to make my carnivorous husband happy by getting bacon and sausage for him for breakfast. We had a very pleasant experience here and this will be our 1st choice for lodging the next time we go to Woodstock.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

"Enchanted Manor" sounded corny to me until I saw the fairytale woods surrounding the driveway. I haven't stayed in a bed and breakfast in many years and was a bit hesitant about the intimacy but the warmth and friendly hospitality of the hosts, Claudia and Rolan made for great weekend for my friends and me. The price may be higher than some accommodations but the unique beautifully detailed decor, delicious breakfasts and personal touches were much better than in a generic, comparably priced hotel. The bed, shower and pool were first rate. We hope to go back for another reunion with or without our husbands next time. I recommend Woodstock as a destination and the Enchanted Manor as a great place to stay.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I went up to Woodstock to celebrate the upcoming wedding of a dear friend. This was my first time at a B & B. I wasn't sure I would feel comfortable sharing a home and eating breakfast with strangers. But, Claudia and Rolan have created a paradise in the woods only minutes from downtown and treat their guests like old friends. Our group of four ladies were transformed by the experience. We were comfortable in the Crimson room, were impressed with the beautiful decor, luxurious bathroom and small gym connected to our room. Upstairs, we were welcomed into the kitchen as if we were visiting relatives, were served a wonderful healthy breakfast and enjoyed chatting with our hosts and other guests. The pool is exquisite as are the grounds. We vowed to come back for another ladies get together and again with our husbands. I highly recommend the Enchanted Manor!

Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Three life-long girlfriends arranged a surprise weekend for me in Woodstock to celebrate my upcoming wedding. I didn't know where we were staying until we drove through the gateway of "Enchanted Manor" and the place lives up to its name. We stayed in the Crimson Room and spent our first afternoon relaxing in the pool on floats. Outdoors, we enjoyed the scenic views of the woods and the water. Indoors, Claudia and Rolan (the owners/hosts) have decorated every room with an artistic eye on so many details. (The creative lampshades are especially beautiful.)
As a Christian and a carnivore, I still felt at home in this new-age, vegetarian environment. During breakfast conversation, Claudia introduced me to the concept of an "aura" that surrounds raw food, and now I'm curious to learn more. The breakfast table is by two picture windows that bring in the sun and scenery. The breakfasts were great -- fluffy scrambled eggs with dill one morning, her special challah French toast the next morning, with a cup of chopped fruit and berries, real coffee with refills (for people like me who need caffeine), and healthier hot drinks for healthier people. And the family kitchen and refrigerator are open to guests who need snacks later in the day or evening. We looked through the DVD/VCR selection in their living room and found a movie we all watched late one night after dinner at the Bear Cafe. (We had a dinner the previous night at New World, a restaurant recommendation from Claudia.)
We all hope to return someday in the future, either for another girlfriends weekend or with our husbands.

Teaneck, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I have nothing but praise for Rolan and Claudia and the Enchanted Manor! Traveling alone, I was looking for a B&B where I could spend a few days and not feel like a stranger in a strange land. The warm reception at the Enchanted Manor, the homey rooms, and the laid back kitchen made me feel very much at home. Everything about my visit there was special. The quiet setting, relaxing around the pool, the jacuzzi, the steam bath, and of course, my gracious hosts. And last, but certainly not least, to be able to enjoy one of Claudia's wonderfully healing and relaxing massages was pure bliss. Woodstock is all the more inviting, now that I've discovered the Enchanted Manor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
fj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

The good: We had a very nice stay at this B&B, and the grounds are beautiful. It was a bit cold for the pool, but it has a nice pool and jacuzzi available for use. The owners were quite friendly and helpful with things to do in the area. The rooms were very nice, and the setting was very peaceful. It's a short drive to the village of woodstock, along a very scenic route. They were very understanding of a possible allergy I may have had to a hypoallergenic dog that had stayed off one of the rooms, and were accomodating had the room not been okay for me.

The not so good: Be forewarned, the price range is advertised as $170 and up, depending on the room, but the truth is that rooms start at $235 because Claudia refuses to rent the $170 room unless all the other rooms are already rented. We were the only people staying there during the weekend. We wanted the room for $170, and Claudia would not rent us the least expensive room because she said she rents it only after renting the more expensive rooms, and it's a pain for her to clean it because her husband usually sleeps in and uses the room. So it wasn't that there was another guest staying there, she wouldn't rent it to us (nor give us another room for $170) because her husband uses it! Therefore, the price of this B&B is really $235 and up. She did give us a slight discount for the $235 room, but didn't give it to us for $170 and required that we pay cash. Bad karma, in Woodstock terms.

Breakfast was very good, (we had french toast,) but minimal. We were offered coffee or tea with our french toast and were given a small fresh fruit cup with it. The fruit was delicious and very varied. We were offered a small glass of OJ as well. We were not offered any additional fruit or OJ, and there was nothing else offered with the french toast. For the price, it seemed like a skimpy breakfast.

Overall, especially during the warmer summer months, the pool, jacuzzi, and grounds are beautiful. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Again, just be aware that this B&B actually starts at $235 unless they are full and decide to rent the $170 room, and this price seemed a bit expensive for what we got.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

It is my 7th year going to the Enchanted Manor and it just keeps getting better. When I went up last weekend (Memorial day weekend) I said to myself - summer is here again! The first time I went to Enchanted Manor I was celebrating my birthday and haven't stopped going back. The house is beautiful, the surroundings (woods, mountains, pond, deer, flower gardens) are relaxing, and the pool is the best I have ever been in. It is heated, non-chlorinated (they use saline I think), and crystal clear. The hosts are wonderful, welcoming people that make everyone feel at home. I've stayed in every room in the house. Each one is wonderful. The cottage is private and has an incredible window in the bathroom that makes you feel you are taking a jacuzzi bath in the woods. The master is gorgeous and majestic. The Crimson has an incredible steam shower and lots of sleeping space. The buttercup is cute and a good deal. We go up about 6 weekends a year now. Whatever roon you chose - make sure you get a massage, eat at The Bear, and get some pool time. Shopping in town is fun too. I love the Golden Notebook.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Enchanted Manor of Woodstock? Share your experiences!