“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Wild Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
The Wild Rose Inn
66 Rock City Road, Woodstock, NY 12498   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Woodstock B&B and Inns
bloomfield
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I are hard working metro folks from the Tri-State area. Our lives are busy and our swag was anxious and angry before coming here. We needed to get away and did so at the Wild Rose Inn. It has been a wonderful stay. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious, comfy and very clean. The breakfast is made with so much care and attention. The chlorine-free pool is beautiful and relaxing. The local Woodstock and Kingston areas have great options for all types of food, nightlife and scenic day trips. Coming home from our daily adventures was more welcoming than we could've imagined. The Inn-Keeper, Marti is a pleasure to deal with. Treat her as you would treat anyone that cares for you like a mother and your stay will flourish everyday. It is a place for real and whole-hearted people that need to relax and enjoy the beauty of Upstate NY. After staying at other B&Bs in the Catskill area, I consider Marti's place far above the rest in service and environment.

Room Tip: All rooms have photos online
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cold Spring, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Living just a little south in the Hudson Valley, and within a pretty short drive to most cool places like Woodstock and New Paltz, we rarely have occasion for an overnight. Well, we thankfully decided to book a weekend getaway at Marti's place, the Wild Rose Inn...and weren't disappointed. Beautifully kept rooms, cool photo gallery, wonderful pool and koi pond to enjoy...and all within a short walk to everything in Woodstock. We will definitely be planning a return to the Wild Rose.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Waynoka, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My Daughter and I went to a concert at the Bearsville Theater and chose to stay at the Wild Rose Inn. What an amazing place. The atmosphere was very relaxed and charming. Marti is the quintessential host. A very delightful experience for us both.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Wild Rose Inn has such a lovely feeling about it: the ivy covered trellis and koi swimming in the pond out front, the swimming pool under the stars, and the Victorian house itself are all so peaceful and welcoming. Each room has a different theme and I was lucky enough to stay in the Goddess Room, with it's own back porch, day bed, and beautiful white tile bath. I just loved it. We were able to walk to town in about 5 minutes, but still feel we were staying in perfect quietitude up at the Wild Rose. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay in Woodstock for me and my husband and my mom, who was visiting from Florida. I did a lot of reseach and The Wild Rose Inn sounded like the perfect place for our weekend retreat. I could tell from the minute I spoke to Marti (the owner) that this was going to be a terrific experience. Upon our arrival, not only did the charm and warmth of The Wild Rose Inn take over but it was "comfortable" from the minute we arrived. Marti was extremely hospitable and made us feel very welcome. She helped us with some suggestions on where to eat in town and gave us some ideas on what to do/see. Woodstock is a very "colorful" place filled with free-spirited people. What a great town to walk around and just see people enjoying life on their own terms. We went to some great eateries and on Sunday night we happened to stumble upon a place called "Wok and Roll", which was a small place that had an amazing Cajun band there. The people were all locals who were just dancing the night away and couldn't be friendlier. Just walking the streets during the days and at night and watching some of the locals taking out their guitars and singing was incredible. And the shops were all unique with some great memorabilia to bring home. Nothing beat coming back each night to the B&B, which was beautifully decorated and very clean. And we enjoyed a Saturday afternoon by the pool and by feeding the koi in the inn's beautifully kept pond. The Wild Rose Inn will definitely see us again soon! We had an awesome time and it was sad leaving with a hug from Marti and a promise of being back! I would highly recommend staying at The Wild Rose Inn and enjoying a unique time in Woodstock.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The plan was to rent out a small guest cottage in Woodstock, and to treat my husband to a relaxing Fathers' Day Weekend up in the Catskills with our two young children.

Life, as they say, doesn't always go according to plan. When we arrived at the guesthouse on Friday night, we found it a little worse for the wear, and we were disappointed. Once we realized that the kids' bed was crawling with ants, we knew we had to make other arrangements. But what would we do at 10:30 pm on Friday night? Where would we stay? Would we have to get back on the thruway and bail on the entire weekend?

Enter Marti Ladd and The Wild Rose Inn. I suddenly thought of the B&B after having driven past it a few hours earlier. "Call them!" my husband said. "It's too late!" I answered. "Who calls a B&B so late at night?"

My husband told me that he had an inexplicable feeling about the Wild Rose, and somehow, it was alright to call. He dialed the number, and Marti answered. He explained our predicament to her, and she welcomed us immediately. "Come on over," she said. "You've got little kids," she said. She had a room available and she'd ready it for us.

When we arrived at The Wild Rose, Marti was there at the front door to greet us. My kiddies went running up the bluestone path to Marti's front steps as if they'd known the place forever. We were warmly welcomed -- even at 11:00 pm at night. We arrived at our room -- handsomely decorated with antique furniture, yet cozy, comfortable, and very child-friendly. The inn -- and our room -- were spotless, and scented with a calming aroma that relaxed us immediately. Marti refused to take our credit card. "Wait until the morning," she said. You've just gotten here and it's been a long night." Not the expected answer from an innkeeper who'd just been woken up a few minutes earlier.

The four of us sank into heavenly sleep, and awoke to a delightful breakfast -- muffins and pastries, fresh fruit and homemade Belgian waffles, a variety of cereals and oatmeal, even cheese, olives and tomatoes. Not to mention rice pudding with a sprinkle of cinnamon! While we sipped our coffee, we chatted with Marti -- who again waved away our efforts to hand her our credit card with "later, later" -- and she helped us map out our day with excellent suggestions for fun and food in the area. After a wonderful day out and about in the Catskills, we returned in the afternoon to enjoy the sparkling pool and the lush garden that surrounded it. My children delighted in naming every fish in the koi pond on the grounds as well.

Leaving The Wild Rose Inn was such sweet sorrow. Marti hugged us all, and my daughter asked if we could move in. I wish we could. We'll just have to settle for another trip again soon.

Marti embodies the true spirit of Woodstock -- community, kindness, charity, and free-spiritedness. Not to mention peace -- which will easily be found if you stay at The Wild Rose Inn. We won't stay anywhere else in Woodstock ever again. Thanks, Marti!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Arriving at Wild Rose was totally accidental. We left Staten Island for the Catskills hoping to return home not too late that day. But the beauty of Woodstock simply enchanted us. The calm and relaxed ambiance of the town absorbed our senses. When we stumbled upon Wild Rose it was already past 9:00 pm. The sign said “No vacancy” and I froze. We had not seen any other BBs in town and for sure we thought we were stranded. And then the unexpected happened: I opened the door, did not see anyone, and said “hello?” This friendly face came down the stairs and when I apologized for having come in although the sign said “no vacancy” she said “But I do have one extra room left, would you like to see it?” I loved it. I went to the car to get my husband and he fell in love with the décor of the whole house, our room, the scent of the house, and the friendly face. Our hostess extended her hand and said “I’m Marti” and gave us the keys. We wanted to pay her and she said no need to do so, we’ll see her at breakfast and could pay her afterwards. We left to buy some things in town. Upon our return the door was still open and everything was quiet.

We enjoyed the Jacuzzi, “Mr. Bubble” and the stillness of the night. Our room was just perfect.
Marti had said breakfast started at 8:00 until everyone had eaten. We got there at 8:30 or so. The array and variety of food was simply a pleasure to see: pound cake, chocolate chip cookies, rice pudding, strawberries and blueberries, brie cheese, olives and cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, grapefruit, bananas, several dried fruit, organic delicious jams, toast, coffee and waffles! We couldn’t ask for more. We met another couple and chatted for a while until Marti came to greet us. It was then when we discovered the real jewel of the Wild Rose Inn.

Marti is a friendly, open-minded, sincere and attractive young woman. She has many stories to tell, and firmly believes in paving one’s destiny. She values friendship and people and loves to hug you. We spoke for a long time forgetting that Woodstock awaited us. Her sanctuary of tranquility is welcoming. The huge and private pool makes you feel that you are in a distant island. It is surrounded by vegetation and gives the feeling of just being away from it all. Marti’s fish are something to be seen. Truly a unique experience. They come up to your hand, jump and catch their food in the palm of your hand. They pucker their lips and make the kissing sound. She has trained them well. They are all big and beautiful.

Not only were we captivated by the serenity surrounding Wild Rose, which was conducive to meditating and total introspection, but we were in love by the careful detail with which the house was made. Every decorating piece is truly a work of art. The rooms have a touch of femininity, of nostalgia, of love that is unforgettable.

A couple of hours after leaving Marti we decided to check out the other inns in town, to be able to make a good review and establish a difference among them.

The Wild Rose is without a doubt, the best inn in Woodstock. There is truly no comparison. All the other places seemed run down, average, simpler, and none had the scented candle smell you perceive as you enter Wild Rose. Especially that feeling of cleanliness around the whole house was nowhere to be found in the other places in town. We did not see any other pool either.

We highly recommend the Wild Rose. You will not be disappointed. After all, it is the best place in town!

If you have enjoyed our review, please give us thumbs up! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Wild Rose Inn? Share your experiences!