“Spiders-R-Us” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast
141 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498   |
Special Offer
Stay 2 nights 3rd 40% off
Ranked #10 of 12 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“Spiders-R-Us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our stay at this inn lacked the wholeness that someone might expect from a b&b. The inn was dirty, inside and outside, with dirty walls, and cobwebs throughout the house. We shared the blue room with 2 spiders, and the noise from the traffic made it less comfortable to relax in that room. The soap provided looked used, and there was a minimal amount of shampoo available with which to bathe. During our 2 night stay the garbage was never emptied, the towels were never replaced, and the windowsills were dirty. The breakfast was very light, consisting of fruit and very small rolls, and we went away feeling hungry. The innkeeper, while friendly, did not serve any breakfast meat because she did not eat it herself. I would recommend this place only as a last resort, if there is nothing else available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to have a weekend away from NYC. We were looking for a modest and simple place, and when I started to research b&b's in the area, I was really surprised by the prices and types of places--even in the "low" season, a bunch of places were really pricey. All we wanted was a place within walking distance from town and simple without a lot of frills, without breaking the bank. Morning Glory B & B was exactly what we needed. The room was very simple--the bed was very comfortable and the room didn't have a TV which was really nice for a change not to be so "plugged in." The breakfast both mornings was very healthy and filling--Pansy, the owner, made homemade crepes and the other morning she made healthy sesame rolls. Both times there was plenty of fruit and eggs if you wanted them. The house was quiet and about 5-10 minutes walking from town which was great. Pansy was so welcoming and genuine and we really enjoyed our time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Woodstock on a budget, doesn't want a "spa" or "luxury" experience, but just wants some a quiet & simple b&b experience.

Room Tip: we stayed in the south room--away from the road. very quiet. we had a "shared bathroom"...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I immensely enjoyed my two-night stay the weekend before Christmas 2012.

The hostess, as many have said, was simply a delight: warm, friendly, and extremely helpful. Since it was my first visit to the area and I intended to do some hiking and skiing, her extensive knowledge of what the Catskills have to offer was very useful.

The house was comfortable, pleasant to hang out in, and conveniently located -- I was able to walk into downtown Woodstock with ease. Breakfast was very good.

I highly recommend staying here, especially if you a hiker looking to tromp around the Catskills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked a one-night stay at this bed and breakfast over Labor Day weekend. There was a family there (with 3 babies) that had rented out all the other rooms for the weekend for a family reunion. The owner, Pansy (sp?) put us in a room tucked off to the back of the house and informed me that the room was the most quiet room in the house. After going out for dinner, my boyfriend and I returned back to the house and though the other guests in the house were quite loud, once we closed the door to our room I realized that Pansy was right about how quiet the room was. The bed was a little small for the two of us but we made it work! The following morning we walked downstairs to a full kitchen table with nowhere for the two of us to sit but to our surprise Pansy had set a table for the two of us sitting outside on the back porch. It was quite peaceful and the owner later joined us for a nice conversation. Not to mention the breakfast was extremely tasty! Pansy is also very knowledgeable of hiking trails in the area. She suggested a couple of places for my boyfriend and I to go and the trail we ended up hiking was gorgeous! All in all the experience at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast was a pleasant one. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in need of a bed & breakfast in Woodstock!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rochester, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I made the trip down to Woodstock (from Rochester, NY) this past weekend and had a great time in and around the town (and area). The b&b's proprietor, Panxi (sp?), is very gracious and provides a delicious breakfast (with generous portions).
This is not the fanciest of places but that was just fine. The house is located roughly a half-mile from all of the actions and attractions in town. It (the house) is situated on a busy stretch of road but there is parking both on the grounds and right out in front of the house. There is also a great restaurant directly across the street from the house, called Ruth's Country Kitchen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for the first time in May and have been back to stay a few more times. Its Located walking distance from town! and has a cute running stream in the back. The rooms are great and the women who run the house it wonderfully sweet, kind and helpful (and makes a wonderful breakfast!!!) Will be coming back soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Five nights at Morning Glory B&B, hosted by the very personable Pansy. She was friendly and knowledgeable about local hikes (hiking is one of her hobbies, along with learning classical guitar). Even her cat was quite sociable.
We took a comfortable room with en suite bathroom. I could occasionally hear cars going by, but with traffic being light, had no trouble sleeping.

Breakfast was vegetarian (which I prefer), with fruit and a different dish each morning: scrambled eggs or oatmeal or my fave: crepes (thin pancakes) just like my mother used to make.

There's a restaurant across the street. Other restaurants, stores, galleries are a 5-15 minute walk from the B&B. There's a garden and a stream behind the house.

Room Tip: 1- Very light sleepers may want a room facing away from the street (which might not have a en-suite...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!