“Poor service for pricey food” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #44 of 126 restaurants in Woodside
Cuisines: Filipino
“Poor service for pricey food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Service is very poor!!!!
My brother and i went yo this place during the 4th of july.. the waiting list was crazy.it took us at least 30 mins to be seated, so i was expexting for the food to be that great knowing that its too crowded.
There was only 1 server that i actually saw for the whole place.
As we were seated nibody greeeted us or anything like that.
We waited another extra 15 mins to give our orders as we already knew what we wanted.
As we give our orders this solo waitress made a comment such as " ohh..wlang gana huh" (meaning : u have no appetite huh) in a sarcastic way and indirectly making fun of us.
We ordered
Chicken bbq meal,sisig,laing,chicharon bulalak and pork bbq for my brother.
How dare her to make comments like that!?!!!as a matter of fact i tool her commenta lightly because i felt sorry for her. She was by herself.
But definitely i will never ever ever come back to this place
One of my worst experience ever.
Food is bad execpt for the avocado shake and laing

And ps

The food is very pricey and yhe flavor is not all that

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Astoria, New York
“Its true, their barbeque is very good but service got worse and worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We originally found this place in the Spring of 2012, but the more times we went, service began to decline rapidly. Unlike their Long Island City location, this is a down market Filipino restaurant, which is more like eating in a family kitchen.than a proper restaurant. Everyone pitches in even if the bus boys don't know what to serve, or how to deliver an order.

As for the food, yes it is true, that the barbecue is very tasty, but most of the dishes are average at best. And the shakes never are fresh!!

MANAGEMENT -on our very last visit, service was ESPECIALLY BAD. THE WAITERS would not pack our leftovers to take home. WE WERE EXPECTED to PACK AND CLEAN UP our own food, and were expected to pack the containers ourselves in plastic bags. My girlfriend who is Filipino VOWED that we will NEVER COME BACK!!! I HAVE TO CONCUR..

It is also a bit distracting when the local (and very illegal Asian woman) comes around hawking bootlegged DVDs and CDs while you eat, and becomes very pushy when she can't make a sale. I know this is popular in ethnic eateries, but it makes a very bad impression to those who are not from China or the Philippines, or who want a casual meal.

As I can safely say, after eating in just about every Filipino restaurant in NYC and especially on Roosevelt Avenue, I now have a very good idea about Filipino restaurants, and Ihawan is in my bottom two

If you come here, don't expect much. This is not a professional restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Needham, Massachusetts
“Great Filipino barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ihawan lives up to its name as a great place to enjoy barbecued pork skewers (what we Filipinos love to call 'bar-b-q')' as well as a pretty robust menu of Filipino favorites like lechon kawali, sisig and kare-kare.

Service can be a bit iffy, but for a taste of home, it's worth the trip.

“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

April 24, 2011 (Easter Sunday) around 10:45 am when my family & I decided to have brunch at ihawan coz we thought that my 11 guests from Maryland will enjoy a good meal. We told this old lady (w/ glasses) that we need a table for 15. She insultingly look at my family and said "what?!" "are they here?". We told her "they're on their way, looking for a parking space."  She said "just stay there in the corner until they (my guests) come. It wasnt that busy. Only 3 tables were occupied most likely 7 customers that time. She was so rude. It's not what she said but how she said it that made me upset. So we walked out and ended up eating somewhere else. No one in this world should be treated  like that especially if you are in a restaurant business. You should be sociable and friendly to customers. I will never go back & eat at this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best Filipino BBQ place in the neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008