“Great for Filipino deserts” 4 of 5 stars

718) 335.1150
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Woodside
Astoria, New York
“Great for Filipino deserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Originally, I bypassed this bakeshop, not thinking it was Filipino, but my girlfriend took me here and I was surprised to see such a variety of Filipino meals, deserts and baked goods.

You can order at a counter or waiter service is provided.However, this is not a Filipino eatery for large meals, rather you should think of it for buying chocolate cakes, shakes, and other Filipino dishes that are prepared quickly.

As I have only been here once, I can not say that there service was slow or terribly fast, but okay. However, I did come away with a positive experience of the place and will go back again

Overall I rank #2 of Filipino eateries in Queens/NYC

Try it if you like the sweet stuff!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“America runs in Red Ribbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This place is perfect, especially for special occasions, because I can bring this to my friends and company's party. Because of the Filipino establishment like you, it is easy for me to share the fun and flavor of the Philippines to the rest of the world. Just like Jollibee, I hope that you also put a branch in Manhattan. Thank you and more success!

Needham, Massachusetts
“Filipino baked delicacies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Owned by the same parent company as Jollibee (the most popular chicken-&-burger joint in the Philippines, which also has a store a few blocks away from this Red Ribbon in Woodside), Red Ribbon is a great place for Filipino baked specialties such as the mamon (sponge cake), ensaymada (a buttery brioche with shredded cheese) and, my favorite, their chicken empanadas.

Two or three empanadas are a meal in themselves, and I make sure to pick up a dozen each time I find myself in Woodside.

New York City, New York
“The Mamon are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stopped by this place becasue of the huge signs for Mamon, which I have never heard of. They are so yummy, that I bought 8. The service is a little slow. I ordered a Mango drink and had to wait 10 minutes for it.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Good pastries, price a little $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have to admit, Filipinos sure know how to make sweets. The various cakes and pastries at this place are very good but they can be on the pricey side. If you are going to splurge every now and then on some sweets, then this is the place for you. The cashiers have been very pleasant as well. Salamat!

Visited June 2012