“Okay kind of place” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
“Okay kind of place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location - near to metro/train station but mostly that dark one-block walk late in night was terrifying.
Food - the breakfast is very basic.
Rooms - I found room to be Okay, clean bed cover/sheets etc - bathroom towels look dirty - not white.
Reception - The female receptionist during the day time is very helpful - but the person in the night shift is tough to deal with.

Room Tip: Don't agree to take a room in basement!
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very poor reception service. Staffs are not friendly. Receptionist discriminates the guests. They have basement rooms and ground level rooms which are same levels with the parking lot. Curtains cannot be closed and no privacy. Dirty carpets and towels are not white anymore.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Woodside hotels

Muskegon Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to LGA on Sunday to fly home and no one was going anywhere. Had to find a hotel for me and my small group of 10 people - 5 rooms at 8pm on a Sunday night when tons of flights were cancelled. Ok so after several phone calls I ended up finding 5 rooms at the Quality Inn. Its 4 miles from the airport. Ok we can do this just for one night. You start out arriving at an outdated lobby that was big enough for maybe 10 people all standing. The guy checking people in was answering the phones and checking us all in. He was definately in need of some assitance but he did get everyone in in less than 1/2 an hour. So glad we arrived when we did. He turned several people away after we had checked in as they had a confirmation from Hotels.com but he had no more rooms. He just said I dont have any more rooms. Sorry. They said we have a confirmation he said they will refund your money. Wow.. sure am glad we arrived when we did.
The breakfast area was a 10X10 room with two tables and some chairs and a counter. The food was .. lets just say I have a couple of muffins and a glass of juice and called it done. I took my breakfast to the room as there was no place to sit in that room.
The rooms were clean. They could use an update but really couldnt complain about them. A bit small but clean. Bathrooms were clean also. I have 5 rooms. Asked if we could all be on the same floor and that was a resounding no. We were lucky to be in the same hotel. 3 rooms on the top floor (3rd floor) 1 room on the 1st floor and 1 room in the Cellar. Really you take the elevator down one floor to the basement and there are the rooms. A bit musty but you know its just one night.
They did have a excercise room that was nice. A treadmill, olypitical, bike, and weights. Bring your own water and towel from the room as there are non in the room.
They had a parking lot behind the building .. that was nice for people driving.
We took a shuttle to the hotel (it was dark and raining and we just did)... next morning we walked 1 block to the subway station took the L train to Queensboro Plaza - changed to teh N/Q to Astoria station and then the M60 back into LGA ... the shuttle last night was $ 80 for the ten people. The subway today was $27.50 for 10 people...
If I was stranded at LGA again I would stay here but really its an old local hotel that caters to the neighborhood and to LGA when they strand a bunch of people.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really good economical base for a New York City break. Hotel was clean, a good breakfast available although eating area was small, and prone to getting crowded but we took food to our room and ate there.
Room was serviced every day. The metro stop was 100 yards around the corner and took us right to 42nd St and Time Square and beyond in less than 20 minutes. The area felt very safe.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Towson, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2015

I found the hotel to be a safe, clean, and well run hotel. The hotel is 1 block from the 7 train, which is an easy $2.75 subway ride into Manhatten. Reception was ok, but I usually don't need anything other than "here's my money, give me my key." They did help to quiet down a group of travelers who were quite loud though.

What this hotel really needs to improve is it's WiFi and it's Cable TV. I am in New York City, I expect to see the Yankees and the Mets. This hotel did not have the games. In fact, other than local channels and Cable News, it had nothing.

The WiFi is beyond abysmal. I gave up on trying to use it. It would work for about 2 minutes, then tell me the DNS failed. They should take some of the money they spent on the web gateway and actually make the service work.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2015

we booked via price-line. first time at this location. smoke free room. the br is right next to bed, and 2 times during the evening i called front desk as the br was filled with cigarette smoke. they said they will look into it. i woke up again around 3 am to us br. again full of smoke. i called front desk, the receptionist twice, picked up the phone, and would answer it. i could hear sounds in back round. my husband and i walked to front desk. the receptionist Philip was right there. i asked why he ignored my calls, he said he was busy. i explained the smoke situation and said it is unbearable and unhealthy and that all night we had to keep the vent on in br, and when the vent is on, the light is automatically on, and we haven't been able to sleep.. he asked if he can go and check the br. by the time he came in br, the doors were opened into the hall, time has lapsed, and smoke smell was not as strong. he said "there is no smell, and if i do smell something, the only thing he can do is spray a deodorizer". i said masking the smell with more chemicals is not going to solve the problem, he laughed in my face and began walking off. i told him that this is poor service, and we are moving out in am and want refunded for 2nd night that we paid for in advance. he said "we don't give refunds". i was furious. i am the customer, i smell smoke, i cant sleep all night because of the vent sound, smoke smell and light on from vent on coming from the door sides, and he is telling me i am making all this up??? and not offering any healthy solution?? around 8 am, we went to use br again, and again smoke smell. i went outside to front desk asked receptionist to send staff member into room to witness the smell. a male housekeeper went in, said it does smell of smoke, offered to open windows that i had no idea even opened. was civil and kind. as we packed, under the mattress cover, there were blue panties (that were not mine) we left. i asked receptionist about the info on the night receptionist, and she told me he was Philip, and gave me name of manager, Mr Patel. she said that she understands the problem, but we have to go through price-line to get refunded for the 2nd night (we paid for 2 nights, and stayed one). i called price-line, lady said she has to call quality inn. when she got back to me, she said that manager at quality inn said we had no serious reason for leaving, and thus, refused to refund us money. i explained the whole situation and she called them again, and finally said they will refund us for the 2nd night we didn't stay!!!!this is terrible!! horrible service!! in america!! i am shocked!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Venezuela
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015

I spent $ 1380 in 8 days and the reception service was terrible. They blocked 3 of my credit cards for a week and did not accept to change payment method at checkout. Breakfast had a very small space to sit. wifi is free but it does not work properly it is slow and need frequent reconections

Room Tip: Pre reservar con booking.com para ver si pueden obtener una Buena tarifa porqué su tarifa de 150-160...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!