“Decent hotel in Woodside” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Naples, Florida
“Decent hotel in Woodside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was reluctant about staying at this property. Originally booked a rez but cancelled before arrival... wanted to check it out first before committing. There are only 3 or so choices in Woodside so I didn't have a good feeling. Turns out it's conveniently located off Queens Blvd, close to buses and the train to take you into the city or to LGA. Room and furnishings were decent. The A/C / Heater made a little noise but other than that, the price was right.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

11/12-14/2014 Found a black bug in my bed. Brought it to the front desk to show Tisa. I thought that maybe it was just a fluke.
11/19/2014 Found a cockroach crawling around in the bathroom. I killed it and brought it down to the front desk and showed Tisa and another person at the front desk. They said that no one ever complained about it.
Later that night as I was hanging up my clothes in the closet, I found another roach in the closet. I called the front desk and Patal came up to my room and I gave him the cockroach that I killed in the closet. At that point it was mid-night and I decided to check out and find another hotel. I went to the front desk and talk to Phillip and told him I was checking out. He wouldn't give me a refund, nor would he give me a receipt for the room charge, and wanted me to take another room. I refused to stay in that roach infested hotel. I had to ask him at least 5 times for the receipt and insist, and he finally gave me a receipt. I stayed at a different hotel that night. I called guest relations and that was useless. Don't bother complaining to them. POOR "Choice" Hotels.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel earlier in the month.

The room was very nice and the hotel is very well located.

The price was much more economical than staying in Manhattan.

The only negative was the lighting - they use very dim bulbs in the two lamps by the bed and it made it very hard to read.

Other than that, this is a very nice hotel and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Hopewell Junction, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I left my Jacket/Pants/Shoes in the closet and when I called a week later they said the items were not in the lost and found. They were not even willing to check the room and they hung up on me. Additionally during our stay when we asked for directions they were not helpful. Also the hallway was dingy and the hotel had a horrible smell. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a leisure trip to NYC. We wanted to stay between JFK and manhattan for easy commuting. this was very easy - only a 2 minute walk to 52nd street subway which is 20 minutes ride into manhattan with fantastic views on the way in. The area felt safe enough, even when we returned past midnight each night. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent! Great wifi signal in the rooms as well. The rooms are clean and comfortable with all the needed amenities. Only downside with hotel is the breakfast - I wasn't expecting much but if you are hoping for a filling breakfast, you are better off just getting something from the deli up the road. They do supply basic bagels, small muffins and coffee but the 'hot' options were far from appealing!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 5 days for a leisure trip to New York. It is just 200m from the subway and the area around looks reasonable and feels safe. The room was clean and quiet, staff were helpful, there is free fast wifi all over the hotel including in the room, and it was reasonable value. The hotel was happy to keep my bag for the last day, so I could collect it before my flight. The only problem is that there are only about 12 seats in the breakfast area, so there is often not enough room to sit down for breakfast, unless you wait a few minutes.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

Great wee hotel for the price! Clean and tidy at all times. The breakfast area is small but well stocked. We ate in our room. The door for our room was not too sound proof and could hear any chat in the hallway word for word at all times but that wasn't too much of a problem. The bed was amazing! All in all a great stay in a nice neighbourhood, thank you

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!