“Warning! Never stay in Quality Inn Woodside, NY, 11377, if you don't want to lose money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Woodside

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We are a couple from China traveling to New York. We stayed in this hotel(Quality Inn Woodside, NY, 11377) from Apr. 19 to Apr. 26 and paid by credit card. When we back home and received credit card statement, it showed total payments are USD931.07 and USD141.21(1072.28 in total) for 7 nights.

If you think everything was over at that moment, you are completely wrong! Just on May 21, we suddenly got a notice from the bank that we are charged another 789.86 dollars by this hotel. That means we’re going to pay TWICE for only ONE period of stay! Immediately we called this hotel. To our surprise, a guy, one of their clerks, told us that they didn’t receive 931.07 dollars at all. He said they didn't even charge the 141 dollar to us and instead, the room charge should be 956 dollars. As he described, they made a lot of efforts communicating with the bank to collect 956 dollars. Then they knew the money was held by VISA(how do you feel this excuse?). Finally they contacted another strange company(not any bank nor VISA) to solve the problem. With such an effort, they got only 789.86 dollars, part of room charge. They’re suffering a loss of 167 dollars! Generously enough, he even told me they are not going to collect the remaining money. Oh my! what a warm hearted guy. I'm deeply moved!!

BUT THE TRUTH IS the bank is 100% sure the 1072.28 dollars were already settled. The transaction has finished successfully. This hotel must receive it! AND the 789 dollars will also be settled. Apparently, they are stealing our money because all 1862.14 dollars are real charges. Not even a penny is on hold. All 3 payments are going to the hotel's bank account!

OK, in case that someone really held the money, however we have paid for the stay. The payments are showing up on bank statement. Then we’re all set. No matter if they receive the money, it has nothing to do with us! Our responsibility is over. They should talk to whoever holding their money.

So now it’s very easy to conclude. Obviously THEY ARE CHEATING! THEY ARE STEALING OUR MONEY! WE ARE CHARGED TWICE FOR ONE STAY IN THIS HOTEL! This hotel is swindling us simply because we're not in the US. They thought we can't go to the hotel again.

We want to warn all potential guests. NEVER stay in Quality Inn Woodside if you don’t want to enjoy such “luxury”!!

PS:
We're trying to solve the issue through www.bookings.com where we reserved the hotel. At the very beginning, book.com told us as long as we have any proof of payment, they will help us to get the money back. Then we sent them a screenshot of SMS from our bank. Well, bookings.com said they can't accept a cell phone message as a proof. There must be a proof showing the bank bookings. after a couple of days, we got the notice from our bank that this 789 dollars has been booked. when we sent this notice to bookings.com, they told us this is not enough again. It must be shown up on the bank statement of our credit card. OK. No problem. We don't mind that. This time let us see what other tricks bookings.com is gonna play! No matter who you are, we're gonna get our money back! We don't mind calling police!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My sister stayed at this place when visiting me in New York. She paid $100 per night, which is very inexpensive even for queens. It is true it is not a spectacular location in Manhattan, but if you need a place to stay while visiting NYC it is a great choice. It is close to the subway, offers good breakfast, is modern and clean. The subway ride to midtown is about 20 minutes.
If you rather spend a lot of money on shopping, eating and attractions this is truly a good choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at Holiday Inn Woodside for two reasons: price and location. I booked our 4-night stay through Quality Inn's websites and used their price match guarantee to get a lower rate and one night free (matching Priceline).

The hotel is an easy walk to the 7 train—less than five minutes. We felt safe in the area, and this was our first trip to NYC. Unfortunately for us, the 7 train was undergoing maintenance for the first two days we were there, so instead of being able to ride it to Manhattan, we had to switch trains at the last stop in Queens. It didn't slow us down too much, but it was inconvenient.

We arrived late and we're given the last available room, which was in the cellar (basement), near the laundry room. Since we didn't spend much time at the hotel except to sleep, it wasn't a big issue.

If you plan on eating breakfast there, expect to have to take it back to your room. The breakfast nook is akin to a subway train—forcing you to push your way through groups of people standing around waiting for their toast.

All in all, I recommend Quality Inn Woodside if you plan to spend as much of your time as possible in Manhattan.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

From a transport point of view it offers the best of both worlds - free and safe parking and a five minute walk to the subway system of New York - which is a combination that I spent days looking for on the internet before my trip.
It may not be a 5-star hotel but it was clean and friendly and half the price of an equivalent Manhattan hotel.
Only one problem - no safe in the room and no safety deposit facilty at the front desk. Breakfast OK, but limited choice.
Terence Meyer

Room Tip: I was in Room 103 which looked onto Queens Boulevard and you could hear traffic but nothing too bad.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Greenville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

From a recent trip to NYC we choose this hotel based on price.

Good things - very nice neighborhood if you enjoy the melting pot of real New York; close to many good restaurants, both inexpensively and moderately priced; very close to the Seven train into NYC; some of the staff were very helpful (an older gentleman went and made my husband two cups of coffee one evening when he wanted some but the local stores were closed), others were not unhelpful but not particularly helpful either; room was clean

Not so good things - room was small (but not as small as some rooms I've seen in NYC); breakfast room was so crowded that it was hard to even get a cup of coffee in the morning and when I could finally get to the carafe, it was empty two separate mornings; there were stains on the bed sheets one morning, but you could tell by the small that they were fresh-laundered with bleach; there is a one dollar charge per page for printing services and we did early check-in for our flight so if you are doing this and have a lot of boarding passes to print please be aware; double beds seemed very small to me...it's too bad they couldn't put queen beds in.

To me this was typical of the type of room that I would expect from a Quality Inn. If I needed to save a lot of money while visiting NYC, I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bethesda, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

About what I expected. To their credit, room was very clean. Very limited parking though we got lucky after returning from dinner. Not the prettiest neighborhood, but seemed safe. Comparative bargain. Worst part was being unable to close curtains to block morning light because they weren't wide enough.

Room Tip: room 108 is across from the elevator and close to breakfast area
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had made a reservation for a 6 night stay. It was in a good location and close to the number 7 train. I arrived to a very unpleasent hotel. When I checked in and went to my room the room had a foul oder and was missing things. (like smoke detector, remote control). When I went down to get help I felt like I was bothering the girl at the front desk. Then as the night went on we starting noticing a lot of thing beside the foul oder. The towels were all stained. The sheets were stained and the comforter looked like it hasn't been washed in months. The carpets were stained and smelly. (even throught out the hallways) So when we got up first thing in the morning we informed the manager that we need to check out because this was not like the other Quality Inns we stay at. They seemed to not even care and when I checked out they told me that I was being charged for another night. I have been getting the run around from this hotel and this place is not being run right. Well below Quality Inns standards. There is nothing here that is Quality Inn it should be the Dump Inn.

Room Tip: The only good rooms are NO rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!