“Not better than anything aroung” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Woodside
Quebec City, Canada
“Not better than anything aroung”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We tried a different hotel for our third trip to New York City. We stayed twice at the La Quinta a mile or so away from the Quality Inn and, frankly, there is not a lot of difference between both. We hoped it would be better, but it is mostly the same sleep and eat stop close to NYC. The beds are fine, the restroom as clean as you could wish and the location pretty good if you plan to use the subway. But the breakfast is below par and cramped at the front of the hotel. The A/C unit is minimal and doesn't remove the humidity of the room. Even with these flaws, it still a decent alternative to any low cost Manhattan hotel who will cost you at least double what you'll pay for this hotel.

Room Tip: The neighborhood isn't exactly first class. I could be wrong, but I don't recommend this hot...

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Damp musty smell, bathroom ceiling was was falling down, elevator was broken the linen was from 1970 ,breakfast LOL!!! enough said it has parking but only about 15 spots first come first serve luckily we got the last one when we arrived don't be cheap spend other 100 bucks a night and stay somewhere nice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Moldy ,damp,filthy ,humid ,infested place . I bookk 2 rooms for 3 nights via hotel.com .I arrive to Quality inn Woodside ,NY at midnight for rest . the front desk man gave 2 rooms on fifth floor . The floor carpet and inside the rooms looks like a basement of forecloser house, smellyMoldy , damp,filthy ,humid ,infested place. we waited more than one hour outside for the house keeping to spray the carpet and vetilate the room .I got asthma attak .I had no exit for that night . I gave early more than 24 h to check out note to the front desk ,His indian guy .On the 3rd night .He hassle me .He say ok , than he will denie my request. He refuse to give me his manager ,he had no supervisor ,than he accept the cancellation of my 3rd night .On check out time his Indian clerk replacement had act same way . He refuse to aknowldege my cancellation note .I spend in front of the hotel 2h calling Quality inn /Hotel.com .I had no definite answers . I need my reimboursement for 2 rooms of the third night .I advice any ,do not book on hotel .com without seen the room on the spot than book on the web . Please never stay at Quality inn Woodside NY Hotel.com had no support for customer .I complain to the manager I gave all detail .He does not care about my health /confort and protect my right ,I lost my $ 847.4. it is a ripp off enhance by Hotel.com.

Room Tip: don't book on line til you see the rooms .It was a damp place not acceptable for your dog to bre...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I travel to Manhattan often, staying where I get 'the best' price. I've stayed in good areas, and not so good areas.
Being safe walking to and from the subway station is key for me. I usually travel with a friend or my daughters and walking through some NYC neighborhoods has been a little sketchy at times. This was not one of those 'sketchy' neighborhoods. I felt extremely safe going to and from the subway station, even at night. Bonus is it's not a far walk at all from the hotel. Less than 5 minutes, 1 block perhaps! I also like that the train station was manned which made me feel even safer. Be sure to ask at the desk which station is manned. There are 2 of them at the end of the street.

The hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was pleasant enough.
I'd have to say the only negative for me was the breakfast. Sure, it's free...why complain. However, the price IS built into the price of the room(don't kid yourself) - so let's make it a little more appetizing. If you like huge sugary donuts you're all set. Other than that...nothing to write home about. Oh, and the OJ isn't OJ but a sunny delight type drink - very sweet, and NO cream for coffee! WHAT is that all about? At least offer some cream. Fortunately the coffee was good and I didn't need to mask the flavor. However, I wasn't too pleased with the attendant who was replenishing the food. His personality, or lack thereof, left a lot to be desired.
Parking is VERY limited. Ask the hotel if the surrounding neighborhood is for residents only. I would be ok if I had to leave my car on the street.
If you get the room for under $135, it's well worth it.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great hotel, clean, quiet, the staff is very nice Dim, Roman, jay, Savn . Safe neighborhood. Easy subway ride to city, its about 1 block . We didnt like there Parking and Breakfast but there are good place that deliver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel room was very clean, kind of small but we were not in there very much. We could see the NY skyline from our window. Staff was very nice and helpful. Subway was only a few blocks away and about a 15-20 min. ride to Manhattan. Very limited parking but we had a spot and didn't move the car while we were there since we took public transportation. But to find free parking is rare. Our room was RIGHT next to the elevator and we could hear it going up and down all night. Overall we liked the hotel. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall I thought this hotel was OK. We were in town for 1 night for my Aunt's funeral and this was close to the church/cemetary. But I accidentally left my eyeglasses on the nightstand and immediately called them and they told me to call back the next day when housekeeping was on, I did so and was told to call back after 2pm when the maids were done cleaning. I did so and was told "we found nothing" WHAT?? Who would want a pair of prescription eyeglasses? I could see if I left an ipod or something of value. I told him to PLEASE check under the bed in case they fell. He told me again "we no find nothing" WOW. I live 5 hours away and it's not like I can go and check myself. Thanks a bunch "Not-so-Quality Inn"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!