“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Woodside
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I travel to Manhattan often, staying where I get 'the best' price. I've stayed in good areas, and not so good areas.
Being safe walking to and from the subway station is key for me. I usually travel with a friend or my daughters and walking through some NYC neighborhoods has been a little sketchy at times. This was not one of those 'sketchy' neighborhoods. I felt extremely safe going to and from the subway station, even at night. Bonus is it's not a far walk at all from the hotel. Less than 5 minutes, 1 block perhaps! I also like that the train station was manned which made me feel even safer. Be sure to ask at the desk which station is manned. There are 2 of them at the end of the street.

The hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was pleasant enough.
I'd have to say the only negative for me was the breakfast. Sure, it's free...why complain. However, the price IS built into the price of the room(don't kid yourself) - so let's make it a little more appetizing. If you like huge sugary donuts you're all set. Other than that...nothing to write home about. Oh, and the OJ isn't OJ but a sunny delight type drink - very sweet, and NO cream for coffee! WHAT is that all about? At least offer some cream. Fortunately the coffee was good and I didn't need to mask the flavor. However, I wasn't too pleased with the attendant who was replenishing the food. His personality, or lack thereof, left a lot to be desired.
Parking is VERY limited. Ask the hotel if the surrounding neighborhood is for residents only. I would be ok if I had to leave my car on the street.
If you get the room for under $135, it's well worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great hotel, clean, quiet, the staff is very nice Dim, Roman, jay, Savn . Safe neighborhood. Easy subway ride to city, its about 1 block . We didnt like there Parking and Breakfast but there are good place that deliver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel room was very clean, kind of small but we were not in there very much. We could see the NY skyline from our window. Staff was very nice and helpful. Subway was only a few blocks away and about a 15-20 min. ride to Manhattan. Very limited parking but we had a spot and didn't move the car while we were there since we took public transportation. But to find free parking is rare. Our room was RIGHT next to the elevator and we could hear it going up and down all night. Overall we liked the hotel. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall I thought this hotel was OK. We were in town for 1 night for my Aunt's funeral and this was close to the church/cemetary. But I accidentally left my eyeglasses on the nightstand and immediately called them and they told me to call back the next day when housekeeping was on, I did so and was told to call back after 2pm when the maids were done cleaning. I did so and was told "we found nothing" WHAT?? Who would want a pair of prescription eyeglasses? I could see if I left an ipod or something of value. I told him to PLEASE check under the bed in case they fell. He told me again "we no find nothing" WOW. I live 5 hours away and it's not like I can go and check myself. Thanks a bunch "Not-so-Quality Inn"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huber Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very limited parking. We got the only spot left and the manager had to come out to direct us into the spot. People parked on sidewalks and up against the building. Room was very clean but very small, could hardly move around. Left early the next morning to go golf and when we returned no parking spaces left. They told us to drive around the block and look for street parking (nothing). I went in to cancel my reservation while my husband stayed with the car so it wouldn't get towed. As I was packing up my husband called and said someone was leaving and he got his spot. I rechecked in. But, we checked out at 2:30 a.m. the next morning just to get out of NY. Terrible place to drive. The continental breakfast area was so small it only had 2 tables so you had to take your food back to your room. Very limited breakfast!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

this place has become a dump
been there numerous times over last 7 years..been going straight down hill
breakfast bar replaces orange juice with orange drink..bread items are day olds, coffee was so weak..basically colored water
the final straw was when I went to check my points for staying there there booked it as a no show
I called corporate office--told me call hotel did this number times
finally had to file a complaint with the licensing bureau in ny, disputed charge with creit card
and plan on filing a suit in small claims court aginst them

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Unlike other times we visited, we had to cancel our reservation because the room they gave us had a filthy smell of tobacco mixed with cleaning chemicals on a damp carpet. The smoking alarm was missing and the receptionist did not seem to care.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elavators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!