“Avoid At All Costs!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Antofagasta, Chile
“Avoid At All Costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

At first, this hotel seemed like a good one. It's in a convenient location, breakfast was okay, and the room was pretty clean and spacious. However, the one thing that this place lacks is Customer Service. The area where the hotel is located is a "high drug area" according to police. Now how would I know this? Well, I had the unfortunate experience of being raided by the police at 6:00am (while still in bed) in connection with a drug-selling ring being run out of the hotel. It turns out that the person they were looking for was staying in our room previously and had switched rooms the morning before we checked in. Now, the front desk claims they told the police that the man switched rooms but this is highly unlikely, considering the force and assuredness with which the police entered our room. This is also quite suspicious considering that the hotel apparently knew this guy was selling drugs out of the hotel for months (according to police). My boyfriend and I were put in handcuffs, suffered injuries and property damage from this incident and we expected, at the very least, a sympathetic ear from the people working at the hotel. But this is not what we received at all. We kept hearing "this wasn't our fault; take it up with the police," which is NOT customer service. At any rate, we no longer felt safe at the hotel and so we checked out. We are currently talking with Choice Hotels Customer Relations to file a formal complaint and get some sort of compensation for all we've been through.
So I suggest avoiding this hotel, unless you enjoy being in a "high drug/crime" area where it is obviously unsafe and where the staff obviously doesn't care about the customers.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
      Rooms

Gray, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

I do not recommend staying at Quality Inn, Woodside. We had issues with housekeeping services. When addressing this at the front desk, the girl working there was incredibly rude, calling me a liar and arguing about the issue. I was appalled and will never stay there again!

Stayed December 2015, traveled with friends
2 Thank Becky H

Travelers are raving about these Woodside hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Got Here at 8pm room was clean small? Was ok just wanted to rest and sleep . no shuttle service to airport free breakfast and WiFi and parking. The only complaint that I have is that when I got up to go to breakfast this morning at 6:30Am is one of the workers was asleep in the breakfast area and I stood there and waited cuz I had like 7 more minutes before we could you know going to eat he popped his head up.cuz he got caught sleeping and was mad at me and start yelling at me and said "why are you here why are you here you are here and it's 6:22 a.m. can't you read the sign it says 6:30am" I said to "him I know what time it is and I know I have a few more minutes why are you yelling at me"because you got caught sleeping not cool to wake up and start yelling at somebody because you're falling asleep on your job very unprofessional and I let him know that I do not have time for this unprofessionalism I'm here to wait for my breakfast and that is all. as I'm eating my breakfast him and the and the desk clerk are standing there watching me and a few of other customers as we eat our breakfast and as soon as I get up to leave they leave I don't understand that I never had this issue or problem but I feel as though it is very unprofessional and someone needs to talk to them both of them guys were really really rude and very unprofessional I will not be coming here again due to the on professionalism and do too I feel that they were trying to intimidate me. Not happy about there kind. & I hope that corporate sees this and have a long talk with their staff they were very rude and I did not appreciate the fact that here it is a customer who is paying their money to be taken care of and this is how the way they take care of a customer is being rude and watching them as they eat like I'm some bigger on the street don't appreciate that and I will never ever be back to this hotel again The good thing I can say is Uber was nice and quick service less then 30minutes from penn station to queens and 10 to 15 minutes to Laquardia airport. Quality in Woodside needs new management if someone is not doing their job right

Stayed December 2015, traveled on business
3 Thank Lavon S
Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2015

Hotel is good location, nearby subway station. The hotel is close to some shops. Ideal for sightseeing because city is good accessible. The room was clean and has big comfortable bed. Rooms cleaned every day. Wifi was ok, breakfast room too small, the continental breakfast was simple but good.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Cavan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2015

Stayed here for a weeks stay the week before Thanksgiving, Was a nice place to stay in, Check in was good and quick,

Beds where very comfy, TV in the roof was a nice size,Fridge in the cupboard,Air-con in the room was nice as it was a mild few days we where there.

Carpet in the hallway needs replacing,

The breakfast area is very small, How small you ask, You couldn't swing a cat in the place, It only has about 4 small tables,Food choice isn't great now, I read some of the review before i left and seen the breakfast wasn't great so i didn't expect the Ritz...But what you read about the breakfast before/after this review, They mean it, If the took one of the bedroom and made it into a breakfast room it would be good, But every morning you seem to be having breakfast next to the receptionist,

There a cafe up the road beside the subway which is lovely and i recommend, Cafe 52 i think.

This hotel is close to the number 7 subway which brings you directly into Manhattan. Trains are very frequent.

Room Tip: The best view you get of the city in the distance is from the top floor facing the cemetery so reque...
  • Stayed November 2015, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Of-my-chest
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2015

Not too much to say here but if you can get a good price then go for it! Yes its small, a cold breakfast and on a main road but don't let that put you off. I have 4 nights here and the rooms were big enough. Air con if needed, tv, tea/coffee etc. The only downside was no room safe. The Subway was literally a 10 minute walk (then 20 mins to Times Square), but the neighbour hood was very safe, even at midnight! Oh, and yes the hotel is opposite a graveyard, but it makes for a quiet night!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a bit of a view and are quieter!
  • Stayed October 2015, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

Just had 4 nights here and it's what you would expect. The rooms are a bit on the small side for 2 big lads but the beds are quite comfy and bedding was clean, beds were made every day and clean towels every day thou they could do with some new ones as there a bit worn out. Breakfast room is very small but can't comment on it as we never made it. Tube station just 2 mins walk round corner and coming back at night in taxi is about 23 dollars but don't mention hotel as first night we got ripped off for 45 dollars and friends got charged 70 dollars just say queens boulevard and 52nd street and it's one straight road out of city instead of trip round ring roads

Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
Quality Inn Long Island City
Quality Inn Long Island City
#17 of 26 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 336 reviews
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#24 of 26 in Long Island City
Howard Johnson Long Island City
Howard Johnson Long Island City
#21 of 26 in Long Island City
3.5 of 5 stars 558 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!